Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Flushing with Vimto

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Flushing with Vimto

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:21 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:31 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am

I like to use mollasses. It's also good more macro and micro nutes although but not all of them. I have heard people watering in with honey for the last weeks too.
Mollasses is great used through out your grow, maybe once weekly or 2 weekly for reasons you mentioned, but last few weeks its not gonna do as much as a simple sugar which as said in theory should give plants an instant carb boost
IMO wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:28 am
Could some of the Vimeo taste make it into the final product?
Nah man tbh i don`t think sugars effect taste one bit and ive read before its a bit debatable if plant can uptake sugars through roots it defo can`t uptake certain complex sugars like mollasses or honey without them being broke down firstly which can take weeks n weeks and then its only very small amounts that can be taken up by plant whether its a a simple sugar or complex one that`s been broke down a bit firstly, well so i read anyhow.

Reason i used Dextrose as a carb boost it was cheap as fuck for a sack full and its the simplist carb of the lot and it was main ingredient in carboload by Advanced Ferts along with lots of other simple sugars and i think odd complex sugar, but that`s all carboload is lots of different sugars slung in a bottle and watered down or sugar water or why don`t we say a bottle of coke, redbull or vimto hey...:lol: :lol:

In short simple sugars like dextrose/glucose can make an instant carb boost and even using summink like white table sugar which is fructose and dextrose combined and close as dam it to a simple sugar should work as a carb boost jobby, where as complex sugars/carbs help feed microbes and have other goodies in them to help plant out.

Sugars certainly do fuck all to help flush plant out. :lol: :lol:
I think the mollasses flush may have come from the theory that you are feeding the microbial life to keep it going until the next grow. If you're in soil it can be very effective at keeping the soil microbiology going. When you chop the plant their job has been taken away, so giving them something to keep them alive until a new seedling is ready.

......acting as a secondary metabolite basically
I recon your on to summink their if you re-use soils, kinda living soil thing going down hey..

A few years or so back i used to see odd one or two posts coming out of USA about using gatoraid which again is a soft drink full of simple sugars, although i forgot if it was said used as a carb boost or for flushing plants out, Basically this shits been slung around for years about using soft drinks, nowt new and a load of shit about flushing plants out tbh.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:42 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:29 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Mollasses is great used through out your grow, maybe once weekly or 2 weekly for reasons you mentioned, but last few weeks its not gonna do as much as a simple sugar which as said in theory should give plants an instant carb boost

Nah man tbh i don`t think sugars effect taste one bit and ive read before its a bit debatable if plant can uptake sugars through roots it defo can`t uptake certain complex sugars like mollasses or honey without them being broke down firstly which can take weeks n weeks and then its only very small amounts that can be taken up by plant whether its a a simple sugar or complex one that`s been broke down a bit firstly, well so i read anyhow.

Reason i used Dextrose as a carb boost it was cheap as fuck for a sack full and its the simplist carb of the lot and it was main ingredient in carboload by Advanced Ferts along with lots of other simple sugars and i think odd complex sugar, but that`s all carboload is lots of different sugars slung in a bottle and watered down or sugar water or why don`t we say a bottle of coke, redbull or vimto hey...:lol: :lol:

In short simple sugars like dextrose/glucose can make an instant carb boost and even using summink like white table sugar which is fructose and dextrose combined and close as dam it to a simple sugar should work as a carb boost jobby, where as complex sugars/carbs help feed microbes and have other goodies in them to help plant out.

Sugars certainly do fuck all to help flush plant out. :lol: :lol:
I think the mollasses flush may have come from the theory that you are feeding the microbial life to keep it going until the next grow. If you're in soil it can be very effective at keeping the soil microbiology going. When you chop the plant their job has been taken away, so giving them something to keep them alive until a new seedling is ready.

I recon your on to summink their if you re-use soils, kinda living soil thing going down hey..

A few years or so back i used to see odd one or two posts coming out of USA about using gatoraid which again is a soft drink full of simple sugars, although i forgot if it was said used as a carb boost or for flushing plants out, Basically this shits been slung around for years about using soft drinks, nowt new and a load of shit about flushing plants out tbh.
You could be onto something there though. There are quite a few carb drinks on the market these days..... :puff puff:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:43 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:29 am
DIY.Rik wrote:

You could be onto something there though. There are quite a few carb drinks on the market these days..... :puff puff:
If you were gonna use simple carbs/sugars for a carb boost then just add 1 teaspoon per liter of white table sugar/sucrose (glucose and fructose combined) which can be separated back to 2 separate element's with use of lemon juice and simmered although left alone should still do you a jobby cus its more or less a simple carb or use glucose/dextrose which as said is simplest carb of the lot. Tbh its shit I've done from time to time in past but i just can hardly be bothered with nowadays cus as said it`s debatable how much plant can actually uptake sugars if at all through rootage. Then again when sack of dextrose on side catches my eye i may sometimes sling a shed load in my mix. No sweat. Not only that their is some crappy shit in soft drinks especially those energy drinks you know the man made synthetic sugars type of shit 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Guest (Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Do you think he really does

Return to “Cannabis Growing”