Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Mycorrhizae and Plants Make Great Allies

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
aridynomyco

Re: Mycorrhizae and Plants Make Great Allies

Post by aridynomyco »

Cam420 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:15 pm
aridynomyco wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Cam420 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:08 pm
Mycorrhizal fungi are one of my favourite things to use when growing, increases nutrient and water uptake - does great things for your plants, last grow I used only mycorrhizal fungi and the results were insane I yielded 5oz off an auto that was supposed to take 2 months but stretched to 5
@Cam420 Couldn't agree more, mycorrhizal fungi are truly remarkable. Nature's underground connection network and they do wonders for your plant and most importantly it's roots! Have you ever tried DYNOMYCO? 🧨 We have a concentration rate of 900 propagules/g of two species of endomycorrhizal fungi that have been scientifically proven to benefit cannabis plants. The results we have seen are outstanding!

Feel free to reach out 🧨✌🏽
Sorry for late reply, but no I’ve not tried DYNOMYCO, I’ve been using Empathy Root Grow - where would I be able to find some?
Hi @Cam420 awesome we would be glad to have you try out DYNOMYCO and believe you won't want to grow without it again!

Where are you based so I can direct you to the relevant supplier?

Happy Growing 🧨🧨

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

2-Scoops wrote:Man you`ve got my head hurting now with some of these links, deep stuff . So if I'm understanding this link (just abstract part of it) right https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15698640/ it`s saying use of mycorrhizae reduces yield and also heavy metals (bad for our health right/wrong ? ) are more prominent in plants shoots, stems and leaves basically they are spread all around plant in those that have been inoculated with mycorr than non-inoculated plants where heavy metals are usually found around or in roots. Don`t sound good. Correct me if I'm wrong here please cus for life of me i can`t see why anyone would wanna use this stuff if bit i think i understand is right. :idn:

Just reading the last link that blew your mind now, yes i think I can just about get my head around that too with a bit of googling of big words, but man its a long en [mention]GMO[/mention]
I think that about heavy metals is basically explaining how cannabis can be used as a super accumulator and has potential in soil remediation when used along side mycos

I thought it had a lil blurb about how it changed root formation as well. @aridynomyco maybe be the best to explain it

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:15 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hahahaha, commented while I was posting

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

aridynomyco (Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:18 pm)

aridynomyco

Post by aridynomyco »

Hi @GMO, @2-Scoops and all.

A lot to respond to. @2-Scoops it is true that in nature mycorrhizae exist in most soils. Mycorrhizal fungi are nature's underground network that allows different plants and trees to communicate with one another and reach the nutrients they need but might not be able to reach.

However, in most of the substrates used for growing cannabis, this fungi may not exist at all or exist in small quantities. Of the small quantity that may exist in your substrate one can never know (without lab testing) which species of mycorrhizal fungi are present. We at DYNOMYCO have created and formulated our product based on 30 years of scientific research. Based on this research we have identified 2 main species of mycorrhizal fungi which we know colonize (or effectively inoculate) the cannabis plant's roots.

Additionally, even if these species exist naturally (amongst the 1000s as you mentioned) their concentration in relation to the overall amount of soil/substrate is minimal and could be too little to even inoculate the roots and the other 999 don't successfully inoculate your cannabis plant. The inoculation of the fungi into the cannabis roots is what allows for the increase in uptake of nutrients and water and ultimately the increase in yield and overall plant health. Healthy roots = healthy plants. Not to say that your plant can't do well and give great yields without the use of mycorrhizal fungi but we believe that using mycorrhizal fungi will help unlock your plant's full potential.

The cannabis plant's root system works with a main taproot and then secondary roots branching off the main taproot. The fungi and the species in our product (at such a high concentration) works by effectively spreading that secondary root system so that the plant is now connected to a bigger area of which to uptake nutrients - this is done by the fungi. In return for the mycorrhiza helping the roots out, the mycorrhiza gets carbs from the plant (which it makes from photosynthesis) and the fungi keep supplying nutes to the plant (which the plant would otherwise not have access to chemically and physically).

I hope this information helps somewhat. I have included 2 studies for you to read if you want.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3815301667
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 01559/full

Feel free to reach out with any further questions. 🧨🧨

Happy Growing ✌🏼
These users thanked the author aridynomyco for the post (total 3):
GMO (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:16 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:16 pm) • KD (Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:54 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

amazingly articulated thank you very much for stepping in :D
aridynomyco (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:20 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

aridynomyco wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:11 pm
A lot to respond to. @2-Scoops it is true that in nature mycorrhizae exist in most soils. Mycorrhizal fungi are nature's underground network that allows different plants and trees to communicate with one another and reach the nutrients they need but might not be able to reach.
Yes i get that about it helping plant reach nutrients or even water in times of drought that maybe needed and i always thought that was its main "goal or reason" if that makes sense and right wording.
aridynomyco wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:11 pm
The inoculation of the fungi into the cannabis roots is what allows for the increase in uptake of nutrients and water and ultimately the increase in yield and overall plant health. Healthy roots = healthy plants.
Might seem a daft question and very simple. So can I not just up ferts for increased uptake. Plants seem a much darker green when I do, so I'm presuming that`s increased their uptake by doing that, well it is int it ?

Healthy roots = healthy plants, yes obviously, but why would they be unhealthy roots if my plants are looking lush nice and green producing nice buddage and I'm catering for plants needs without using it. Are you saying in that scenario it will increase yields still if i use the stuff ?

How long before it starts working in a relationship with roots if i used the stuff ?
In return for the mycorrhiza helping the roots out, the mycorrhiza gets carbs from the plant (which it makes from photosynthesis) and the fungi keep supplying nutes to the plant (which the plant would otherwise not have access to chemically and physically).
Could that not possibly hinder plants bud production if mycorr are pinching plants food ie: carbs ?

It`s not that I'm a nay-sayer here and I can see reasons for using the stuff, tis just I'm a bit hmm........ not so sure why or point if growing in pots if your catering for all plants needs yourself using synthetic type ferts or growing in water too cus theirs i think theirs certain type of endomycorrhiza that can also be used in water grows as well ? I do agree its a different ball game if growing organically using a living soil over n over and theirs a good shout for using it in your grows in that scenario.

Sorry about loads of questions man its deep stuff this so thanx for taking time out explaining @aridynomyco . :oik!:

Will take a ganders at links cheers, i`m still getting through one of GMO links, man its a long en to get my head around :thanks:
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

@aridynomyco Hello and sorry to hijack the discussion here but I have a question.

I use BioTabs which comes with a product called Mycotrex and contains Mycorrhizal Fungi, however, I can't find where it says what strain/s are in there and they make no claim to have 30 years of research so am I right in thinking your product could replace Mycotrex? I've never noticed any fungal growth on the roots after a harvest so I assumed it's too small to see until a grower on YouTube pointed theirs out in a video I watched recently.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

KrazyDave wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:59 pm
@aridynomyco Hello and sorry to hijack the discussion here but I have a question.

I use BioTabs which comes with a product called Mycotrex and contains Mycorrhizal Fungi, however, I can't find where it says what strain/s are in there and they make no claim to have 30 years of research so am I right in thinking your product could replace Mycotrex? I've never noticed any fungal growth on the roots after a harvest so I assumed it's too small to see until a grower on YouTube pointed theirs out in a video I watched recently.
I posted this on last page in a larger post, but tis why lots of these products dont work at all me thinks, not all but lots that aren't stored rightly:

"Another point about mycorrhiza when you think its not worked and such like, lets say i see some "rootgrow" mycorr on shelf down Wilko`s in Summer, well its prolly been sat on that shelf since Spring and is basically well fucked up sat in heat or sat in window or anywhere heat or Sun is blazing down on it in your local grow nursery. I swear check out Wilko`s its on shelf or in window sat in red hot heat and usually same at grow nurseries, they`re fucking clueless man, it`s a none starter from word go if your using fungi sprinkles that`s been treated like that and believe it they are."

You`ve gotta get your stuff from a trusted source mate at end of shift. To be fair these guys seem to know what they`re on with from bits I've read. Will let ya know at end of my current grow, i have one pot inoculated and other hasn`t been :oik!:

Return to “Cannabis Growing”