Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Low runoff ppm in coco

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Low runoff ppm in coco

Post by 2-Scoops »

Zed cola wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am
As in inflow should be near the same as out flow.
That`s rubbish go by how plants looking if it looks sound your good to go. 1.4 is more than enough so why worry if plant is looking nice and green. Marcus is on it I'm of the same opinion too they`re feeding. Basically if your current ec is dropping after you feeds in your run off and that`s telling you they`re feeding. Then if ec was to be same in and same out in your run off, what does that say to you ?
Zed cola wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 am
The OP said in his last comment that he uses 2 ec and 5.8 from start to finish? Would that be possible? That would be very very easy if it was. I’ve always grown soil, and one thing you get good at in soil is reading plants. So I’m reading my plants and they look great but the data from the bottom of the pots is throwing me off , if you were to follow the advice from someone like dr coco. The growth has been explosive in coco which I love
By feeding more your not gonna get more bud all your gonna be doing is piss more ferts down drain, basically its more a waste of ferts or cash whichever you look at it well tis in my world anyhow. I used to feed 2.8ec all way through bloom and flush pots out weekly with water only or plants wouldn`t have lasted too long, till i realized it was a waste of ferts, but as said previously things can go wrong much quicker especially if you don`t know what is going off in your medium. Plant will only use what it needs as and when and you will get same amount of bud feeding 1.4 as you would 2.8ec ime.
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Marcus (Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:43 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Zed cola wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:57 am
The OP josh said on his last comment before I restarted the thread that he fed from start to finish with 2.0 ec , is that possible? Or wouldn’t they burn up
Why would he wanna lie to you so you kill your plants, i don`t think so, maybe he was meaning start to finish in bloom, I'm pretty sure he didn`t mean young seedling or baby vegging plants. I`m not telling pork-pies either when i say i was feeding 2.8ec through-out bloom start to finish. Yes feeding 2.8ec will burn and kill your plant eventually, but not straight away, but their is ways of doing it, but as said theirs really no point doing it when you get same result feeding 1.4ec. i`f you`ve been growing ten years go by what plant telling you like Hmr says.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Zed cola (Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 pm)

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

@2-Scoops thanks mate, that clears up the doubt that I have had. I’m not trying to feed more to get more just trying to understand ec in coco as it’s completely different to soil. The plants are on fire tbh I’m loving coco. I was following advice from dr coco coco for cannabis and that’s where the confusion came about Inflow should be near or more on out flow. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing, check the run off every now again and see how the numbers change but not grow by them
These users thanked the author Zed cola for the post (total 2):
Josh (Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:57 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:09 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hey buddy, I cut my feed in half so zi only run 1.0-1.3 EC now I was feeding so high before because of high light and co2 levels, but the do seem a lot happier now 2 scoops and marcus won't lead you wrong though, they're both top notch growers in my book. I tend to grow kind of lazy now so I don't wanna lead anyone astray with bad advice

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 3):
Zed cola (Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:03 pm) • Marcus (Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:16 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:08 pm)

Zed cola

Post by Zed cola »

@Josh hey man thanks for that, now I understand. To be honest I’ve never been a member on a forum, I read forums and learn from them. But this coco run off nonsense threw me so I had to make an account just to ask you some questions haha I didn’t realise how much help and clarity the guys have given me here on the end of this thread.

It’s funny how you can complicate things in your own brain, been growing for years and switching to coco im back to learning and figuring stuff out which is great!

Thanks again @2-Scoops @Marcus @Hmr81
These users thanked the author Zed cola for the post (total 4):
Marcus (Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:17 pm) • Hmr81 (Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:54 pm) • Josh (Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:42 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:07 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”