Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

hydroguard or oxyplus?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
potentcheesydick

Re: hydroguard or oxyplus?

Post by potentcheesydick »

Ya man, I'm growing in a spare bedroom so I can open windows and use fan and ducting to vent hot air throughout the house so not sure if I will need one but will see, id imagine the heat stays trapped in the loft with the exception of the way mine maybe yours is since ur in Glasgow also?where fresh air gets in partially through the outskirts of the roof where a vent like guard rests bordering the lower outer roof but only its on the inside if tht makes sense, I could smash mine out of the way and light would be visible and space for ducting, maybe as another option intake cold from outside air if possible, I'm not an expert but is the loft a suitable place to grow with little fresh air, just my loft smells musty and damp plus insulation made hps not an option for me, wonder if u could tho didn't think so
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

mine is like a ice box if a when the lights are off more gaps in the roof than the grand canyon
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:53 pm)

potentcheesydick

So it cold at night but hot with lights on, maybe get a 60/80w pipe heater for night temps and use a chiller like nanook said or pump cold air using the gaps, thts probs ur only options mate or you could remove all the insulation but I defos don't recommend that lol

potentcheesydick

As to what stuff to use as a precaution I'm still not sure yet but either oxy plus silver bullet or hydroguard if ur u dont mind which one works best, I'm sure u used liquid oxygen I was going to but I'm of the belief there will be a better one that lasts longer just trying to find out no one's told me yet but

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Silver bullet although ive not used it sure just looks like its basically a straight up mix of h202 and silver ions unlike oxyplus (plain h202) but if it does what it says on packet and is to be believed it`s prolly better product, then again ooh err its got silver ions in it, hmmm it makes me think on again, i dont know why but it does lol, but yes im pretty sure its basically h202 with silver ions added as well so its said lasts in your mix longer and protects roots unlike using straight h202 or Hydrogen peroxide or oxyplus or liquid oxygen (all 4 are exactly same thing) which would soon be be depleted to nothing mixed in water were talking hours.

Just a note im of opinion with silver bullet theirs no way it hangs around producing added D.O in your mix much longer than plain h202 does, i just can`t see how that would be possible, basically what im saying is the h202 dissolved oxygen side of it will prolly last as long in your tank as any other plain h202 would and it would soon become depleted, where the added up to 5 weeks root protection part of it comes from, well i really think is the added silver ions part of it which silver is a natural anti-bacterial in its own right.

Myself ive just started using 12% h202 ( which is food grade hydrogen peroxide https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Food-Grade-H ... SwvaBc0u30 £7.95 a liter and much cheaper than oxyplus which is exact same stuff basically)at 3 to 4ml per 10 liters daily or every two days but that depends how lazy i am at time, but yes that is around same dose you would be giving Essentials Oxy-plus @12% strength h202 as a regular dose or same as growth technology liquid oxygen @ 11/9%. For one off treatments done weekly then just double that dose
Here`s a good site to check out if your contemplating using h202 https://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com ... oxide.html

As for beneficial`s and the other product mentioned well im of the thinking its best trying keep a sterile environment for roots growing with any type of hydro and bennies are best for those soil loving organic growing types. That`s just my view on jobby though. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:16 pm) • Nom (Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

potentcheesydick

https://www.straightuphydro.co.uk/produ ... nd%20again.

It kind of explains how the ions work with the bacteria because they are negatively charged and the silver is positive to it attracts it, produces oxygen and in turn lasts longer so it says,cheers for tht h202 link id imagine it would apply to this product as well no?

If this is snake oil they have serious gift of the gab

My phone takes links weird af, I think I'm going to give this stuff a bash after what I read, best case it works better worst case its just the same as normal, whether its 100% accurate or not time will tell, will try leaving rez change for two weeks if topping off isn't too much of a pain in the arse to test n maybe try up it,

is there any such tests for testing water for pathogens that's affordable?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:16 pm
https://www.straightuphydro.co.uk/produ ... nd%20again.

It kind of explains how the ions work with the bacteria because they are negatively charged and the silver is positive to it attracts it, produces oxygen and in turn lasts longer so it says,cheers for tht h202 link id imagine it would apply to this product as well no?

If this is snake oil they have serious gift of the gab

My phone takes links weird af, I think I'm going to give this stuff a bash after what I read, best case it works better worst case its just the same as normal, whether its 100% accurate or not time will tell, will try leaving rez change for two weeks if topping off isn't too much of a pain in the arse to test n maybe try up it,

is there any such tests for testing water for pathogens that's affordable?
I thought yiou were chatting about silver bullet as well Doh........ lol. Yes ive never used it but i can`t see why it won`t help keep your tank sterile but as said if using just h202 a few times weekly that would also keep your roots in a sterile way at a fraction of the cost not only that but you`d be added D.O and extra oxygen a few times weekly but once h202 has dissispated out of the silver bullet pretty quickly, its my opinion the h202 side of silver bullet is gonna last same as any h202, but yes once used theirs gonna be no added oxygen and its lack of D.O in your tank that causes pathogens, hence why using h202 daily or a few times a week would be a good option too, its your shout i mean at first i thought silver bullet until i started thinking, well the h202 in silver bullet once mixed is gonna last as long as any standard h202 it`s just the silver ions bit that protects roots a bit longer imo but it`s oxygen roots needs. Its your shout both should do you a jobby but if you need to be using stuff frequently in hot periods to add oxygen then straight up h202 is what i`d be using.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
potentcheesydick (Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 pm)

potentcheesydick

Out of all of them silver bullet claims the silver ions work to stabilize the water so the DO can last up to 5 weeks as it attaches itself to the roots so pure oxygen with silver as bonding/attracting agent for the h202 to bind to the roots on a cellular level sounds like it makes sense, I'm not a scientist with a degree on how ions interact with one another but, are you lol? It would shut me up on the spot and id instantly drop silver bullet if u were mate but if not I think I'm going to chance its science haha, would like to think I'm somewhat capable of rooting out somewhat bs sounding claims from the okay ones lol, the more I read and google the more I'm sold on it brother gony test it n see, o's there any way u can test for pathogens in water like algae, fungi, bacteria? Would defos try and let it go without a rez change for as long as possible if I can tell what's in the water at any time and come back with a report?
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Theirs gonna be pretty much zero pathogens/bacteria (both same same thing ?) after adding hydrogen peroxide which is main ingredient in silver bullet, well so i wouild think. I reckon the silver bullet is a good option, so go for it mate.

Ions is ions and what plant takes up, hence my hmmm`ing about silver ions a few or more posts back, i might be wrong though cus i aint no ion scientist :lol: .
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
potentcheesydick (Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:51 pm)

potentcheesydick

It was to see if I could get away with not changin rez for as long as possible using this product as it boasts its disinfectant qualities lasts 5 weeks so I can watch when it gets any bacteria then I know to add more thts why I ask if there's anything that can test for these pathogens (yea same thing), to gauge how long it actually keeps the water clean as a product quality test and hopefully let my rez sit for longer without changing

I think I asked this before but someone said its cheaper to buy in bulk,although may be true I won't be able to afford everything my next pay to get started if its £45 for vega and 45 for Flores 5L plus pk boost, cannazym, 6/8" ducting, carbon filter,how much would I realistically need for 60L totes would one litre not cut it mate na?

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”