Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

anyone used clearex with canna aqua?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
potentcheesydick

anyone used clearex with canna aqua?

Post by potentcheesydick »

Clearex Product Details:
Botanicare Clearex is perfect for removing excess salt build up in hydroponics and container-grown plants in a 3 - 7 day window. Unlike competitors requiring a 10 - 14 day flushing period - which reduces the terpene production time and jeopardize flavours.
How does Clearex work?
Perfect for pre-harvest flushing which many growers implement to improve flavours, whilst also correcting over fertilization and any high levels of mineral based nutrients. Drawing away salts from growing media and plant roots - Clearex will maintain equilibrium whether used as a periodic or preharvest. Forcing plants to assimilate and process internally stored nutrients - Clearex triggers your plant's last reproduction stage - your crops are free from excess salt build-up, and both yield and quality are enhances
How to use Clearex
Mix 2 - 5ml of Clearex to a litre of water. Use only with pure water (Reverse Osmosis). Mix well and adjust pH.
Between Nutrient Changes: Empty any existing solution. Add Clearex to only fresh water and then allow your system to re-circulate for approx 2 hours. Next drain and completely refill the reservoir with the fresh nutrient solution.
Pre-harvest: Empty any existing solution. Refill reservoir with Clearex and fresh water and run solution for the last 3 to 7 days prior to harvest in the ripening period.
For Container Gardens:
Nutrient changes: Drench media until there is around 20 - 40% run off - then continue regular feeding
Pre-harvest: Drench media daily until there is around 10 - 20% run off - start using during the last 3 - 7 days of the ripening period.

Sounds quite beneficial but is it any good? Would you need this for salt build up with canna aqua in dwc?
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: anyone used clearex with canna aqua?

Post by 2-Scoops »

Why add chemicals to flush out chemicals, its all about the water only for a good cleanout of the plants. I just can`t see how you can flush a plant out properly in 3 days, plants still gonna look green full of chlorophyl i think it is and it will taste green. Yolu wan`t plant loking like shit come chop day with mostly yellow and dead or dieing leaves
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:03 pm) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 am) • B.G. (Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:05 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

potentcheesydick

It advertised that it 'draws' nutrients away from the roots and medium it sounds like science plays a role in how the feed ions/salt ions are attracted to this solution and when it gets to the roots it causes the plant to assimilate and process internally stored nutrients and force begin plants final reproduction stage, I'm no genius but don't they have to have some proof of their claims in order to boast their appeal? It makes sense enough to believe in it I think, I fully get ur point scoops and I was about on the same page until I checked how it works, apparantly something can attract salt to i I read somewhere last night at 2am, its something along those lines would be good if someone who knows what I'm referring to could help me better explain lol, I may buy this stuff, would it be any use in organic bottled nutrients soaked soil and BioBizz all mix soil? Defos top much nutrients in the plant as I've overfed this entire grow
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 pm)

potentcheesydick

Seems worth it to me if anything forcefully aids in flushing excess nutrients from plants internal I'm all for it, ty for confirming what I had a feeling was the case mate

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 pm
It advertised that it 'draws' nutrients away from the roots and medium it sounds like science plays a role in how the feed ions/salt ions are attracted to this solution and when it gets to the roots it causes the plant to assimilate and process internally stored nutrients and force begin plants final reproduction stage, I'm no genius but don't they have to have some proof of their claims in order to boast their appeal? It makes sense enough to believe in it I think, I fully get ur point scoops and I was about on the same page until I checked how it works, apparantly something can attract salt to i I read somewhere last night at 2am, its something along those lines would be good if someone who knows what I'm referring to could help me better explain lol, I may buy this stuff, would it be any use in organic bottled nutrients soaked soil and BioBizz all mix soil? Defos top much nutrients in the plant as I've overfed this entire grow
If you have an EC pen its a simple as just giving none ph`ed water until ruin off out of pot bottoms is measuring same ec as your water that your using, if you haven`t got an ec pen them usually 2.5 to 3 times water to pot size.

Iff your growing in just a water based medium its as simple as just changing out your rezz for fresh none ph`ed water so theirs no salts left then just top it up daily.

Kinda made me chuckle the top bit of highlighted wording making summink sound super dooper when its really doing same and nothing different than what water does. Nice wording goes out to makers their. It`s your shout at end of shift Cheesey but think about it, doesnt using water only draw nutrients away from roots and by doing so makes plants use what is has stored up inside it. I think so myself, tis called bloody snake oil in world i come from Cheesey mate.
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:36 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:31 am) • B.G. (Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am)

potentcheesydick

Lmao ur certainty makes me doubt this product, does this give u any better an opinion than water would u say at all mate its a bit more detail on what it actually is; Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides which provide energy for the biosynthesis of important plant metabolites and macromolecules. Pre harvest treatments with Clearex are known to enhance the flavor and increase yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out extraneous chemical nutrients.
2-Scoops (Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:36 pm
Lmao ur certainty makes me doubt this product, does this give u any better an opinion than water would u say at all mate its a bit more detail on what it actually is; Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides which provide energy for the biosynthesis of important plant metabolites and macromolecules. Pre harvest treatments with Clearex are known to enhance the flavor and increase yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out extraneous chemical nutrients.
Nah it wont change my mind on it Cheesey man, lots of these products use fancy words but skate round bullshit and they just saying what water does in this case all jazzed up like. What do farmers use to flush their crops out before picking and sending off to market, plain old h20 water, I might be wrong though cus im no farmer hehehee :)
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:19 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:33 am) • B.G. (Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 am)

potentcheesydick

Well u have more experience with buying products like this than I do so i reckon i would probs be silly to disregard ur take on it considering I dnt knw personally, get what u mean tho its explaining exactly what flushing with water does only theyve whipped the thesaurus out lol, maybe when I have money to piss up the wall ill try it haha
2-Scoops (Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:28 pm)

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

after many dwc grows in my old house bud the only time i had issues was june july with budrot if your got airflow just go with the flow imo your over complicatting things some my best grows were the simplist with just the bear miniuimm
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
potentcheesydick (Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:05 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

@2-Scoops hey mate. I've been adjusting PH for flush.
Am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”