Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How would I change dwc tote nute water?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
potentcheesydick

How would I change dwc tote nute water?

Post by potentcheesydick »

Played out what I'm going to have to do in my head when shits here and the more I do the more I doubt I know all I need to, could be overthinking but better safe thn sorry,

Say I've got the tote and rooted plant, when changing water where do i put the plants roots to empty the water?

when do I stop topping off before I need to change water, can I get away with not changing water until changing from vega to Flores if its canna aqua as they seem to say its for feed that doesn't drain away and is instead recycled?

Does canna aqua result in salt build up and would I be kl to use florakleen with this?

There's a gap between the flap on the tote where a minor light leak on roots will probably happen, does algae just form in any water or can pythoff or something be used with canna nutes? Or is hps light on roots bad anyway and should I try and cover?
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: How would I change dwc tote nute water?

Post by Josh »

potentcheesydick wrote:Played out what I'm going to have to do in my head when shits here and the more I do the more I doubt I know all I need to, could be overthinking but better safe thn sorry,

Say I've got the tote and rooted plant, when changing water where do i put the plants roots to empty the water?

when do I stop topping off before I need to change water, can I get away with not changing water until changing from vega to Flores if its canna aqua as they seem to say its for feed that doesn't drain away and is instead recycled?

Does canna aqua result in salt build up and would I be kl to use florakleen with this?

There's a gap between the flap on the tote where a minor light leak on roots will probably happen, does algae just form in any water or can pythoff or something be used with canna nutes? Or is hps light on roots bad anyway and should I try and cover?
I always picked the plant up and set in in another empty tote while I cleaned it out, it can sit without water for a really long time before wilting

Towards end of harvest when buds were everywhere I'd stick a submersible pump in and run a line to my bathtub to drain it

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:28 am)

potentcheesydick

So defos need more smaller totes to sit them in, or can you have the roots touching a surface? They do seem a bit sensitive for that tbh

potentcheesydick

Another thing I'm para about, if using co2 bags and no intake/outake fans would I not be giving co2 to the roots rather than oxygen? Not 100% on not using fans as I'm using hps but it is freezing outside now

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

potentcheesydick wrote:Another thing I'm para about, if using co2 bags and no intake/outake fans would I not be giving co2 to the roots rather than oxygen? Not 100% on not using fans as I'm using hps but it is freezing outside now
Overthinking it imo mate, they will be fine just get as many extra totes as you can afford or clean them one at a time

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Stick a tap at botytom of your tank https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEMENT- ... %3A2334524

or use a small pump and pump it out https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOYU-Small-H ... SwrklVeFkM

Do a full change every 2 weeks and top up inbetween
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:04 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 am
Another thing I'm para about, if using co2 bags and no intake/outake fans would I not be giving co2 to the roots rather than oxygen? Not 100% on not using fans as I'm using hps but it is freezing outside now
Forget about co2 bags and get an outlet extraction fan and have a passive inlet. You`ll need one iff running with a 600 + hps this time of year or any time of year for that matter. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:04 pm)

potentcheesydick

I was thinking how can I max out on all limiting factors and co2 came to mind along with the fan issue, im just clutching at straws I think to pimp out the tent as much as possible ty for putting an end to that unhelpful thought process lol, I might get a pump as that would solve a lot of my fears, I don't know if roots aren't as delicate as I imagine them to be but for their texture I would think anything without instant moisture could possible shock the roots for how quickly its exposed to dryness but I'm guessing, I really wanted something to aid in water emptying for personal preference just couldn't think what exactly i needed, I just don't want to stress out roots every time I change water as I hear cannabis hates to be transplanted
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

potentcheesydick wrote:I was thinking how can I max out on all limiting factors and co2 came to mind along with the fan issue, im just clutching at straws I think to pimp out the tent as much as possible ty for putting an end to that unhelpful thought process lol, I might get a pump as that would solve a lot of my fears, I don't know if roots aren't as delicate as I imagine them to be but for their texture I would think anything without instant moisture could possible shock the roots for how quickly its exposed to dryness but I'm guessing, I really wanted something to aid in water emptying for personal preference just couldn't think what exactly i needed, I just don't want to stress out roots every time I change water as I hear cannabis hates to be transplanted
You could prbly braid the roots on an established dwc plant if you wanted to, not gonna hurt it I've had roots sit out for 3-4 hours at a time before and they were perfectly fine
(Got high and passed out while cleaning everything)

And Co2 is the biggest waste of money if you don't- 1. Have your environment perfectly dialed in
2. If you're not running a sealed room you blow it all right out the window

By the way you can get an inline sump pump, expensive but it'll allow you to drain the res completely

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:11 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:37 pm)

potentcheesydick

It would be fine outside of the bucket with 50% humidity? Yes mate I'm using 600w hps that with fans for air displacement and Rh in check I thought I'd be good to go on the co2 part but hadnt taken into consideration the fact the heat would need sucked out.

Passed out? From weed or the chemicals lol if the latter then fs, what chemicals mate didn't think running dwc can fk u up like tht 🤣
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
Josh (Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:17 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”