Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Mainlining autos

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TTL
Known User

Re: Mainlining autos

Post by TTL »

Setting goals is great, but I’ll throw an example out for you of why you want to keep the real goal to yourself and tell people something much easier. If you want to get into running and you go up to a group of runners to ask for tips and help and tell them your goal is to break the four minute mile mark on your first or second mile, they’re going to be turned off. They’ve been working their asses off for years trying to break that mark and not all of them probably have. If you tell them you want to run a seven minute mile, they’ll be much more open to helping you out. If you happen to break the four minute mark on your first or second go at it, they’ll be super impressed and glad to have helped.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
Cave Hill Cole (Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 pm) • Dex (Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm)

potentcheesydick

Post by potentcheesydick »

Ah, so when asking for help don't ask for help on your actual end goal because people go by the fact of if its amateurs setting amateur goals, i want to share and put use to sharing some of my knowledge and amateur setting difficult goals too much hassle to explain and not sure what is already known? Just trying to make total sense of that, my thinking was be honest, specific and descriptive in what I want to know but that kind of goes against that, what u said?
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

It has to do with people not wanting to help someone try to reach something tough and then them being upset at the instructor when they don’t reach it. Goes for all sports training I’ve come across. You don’t want to tell the person you’re giving tennis lessons too that you can make them a 7.0 player or the golfer you’re going to give lessons to that you can have them being a plus handicap. You don’t even want to tell them you can make them a 5.0 tennis player or 5 handicap golfer, because all you can do is instruct them and then they have to do the rest. You can give them the guidance and info, but everyone is different in regards to how they take instruction, their work ethic, their patience, and so on and so on.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:01 pm
Need to start hydro at some point as I want to so why not from the get go and learn from my mistakes sooner rather than later, 500g grow is obviously wishful thinking and unrealistic given I've little actual experience w hydro but setting that goal helps motivate me to try harder and keep on top of it as best I can just need nudged in the right direction and to learn from errors which I won't do if I'm not even trying it lol
I`m not saying don`t train or learn, do as you please but what im saying is if you top a plant twice and flip it around 18 inch tall its gonna prolly give you around that or lets say pretty close to 500g back in buddage with right lighting and space just doing it normal, whilst iff your scrogging your still training the fucker when you could be on 2nd crop and 2 crops done that way is gonna be more than one scrog imho, in fact doing just one crop is gonna be around same done right less the extra time vegging and faffing around it takes scrogging. Kinda people wanna train plants for more yield but if you take yield over a year from just banging out crops for sure those 4 or 5 crops is gonna be alot more bud than 2 or 3 scrogs if you do it right, well im of that opinion anyhow, Iff that makes sense. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
potentcheesydick (Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:45 pm) • Treetrunk (Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

PatsFan

Post by PatsFan »

I top my autos usually by day 21.
Ive had pretty good results.
Here's a RocBud auto got 3+oz from her. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author PatsFan for the post:
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 am)

BB
Known User

Post by BB »

Definitely top but don’t mainline autos imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author BB for the post:
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 am)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

BB wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm

This guy grows really impressive autos. Figured people might end up here when wondering about mainlining autos. Listen to him about autos.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 3):
potentcheesydick (Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 am) • BB (Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:52 am) • IMO (Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:30 pm)

PatsFan

Post by PatsFan »

TTL wrote:
BB wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm

This guy grows really impressive autos. Figured people might end up here when wondering about mainlining autos. Listen to him about autos.
I agree with that statement!
Probably not enough time to mainline properly. You really only get 3-4 weeks veg.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author PatsFan for the post:
BB (Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 am)

potentcheesydick

I think so mate, scrogging slows growth and you'd get more just by topping twice and avoiding scrog?, did not know that, when u think about it it kind of stands to reason stressing the plant will slow growth, since its low stress training not sure why but I thought the low somehow meant no stress side effects, what do you think about mainlining? Any idea how much further away mainlining sets harvest time roughly? Also I was going to buy two omega hps that are adjustable in wattage but they are £80 then I found this one, what's the story w hps do they all do the same job minus the ballast? https://www.hydroponics.co.uk/bay6-600w ... ystem.html

Just seen new posts, they're baddies for autos mate many litre pot and what medium u using?, ty for ur input, and na went off mainlining autos just a while ago there due to their timeline, was that a lucky grow or can u pull at least 3oz every time with autos, most I saw tht could be pulled was 1-2oz so that's obviously not true lol

potentcheesydick

As in 1-2oz not true haha

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”