Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Praying?!

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Tictok
Known User

Praying?!

Post by Tictok »

I've heard mixed views on whether 'praying' cannabis leaves are a good sign or bad.

I've just picked up a new light (quantum type board with 3000k/5000k, far red and uv) and moved some young plants (2 weeks old) under it.

It's the right size light for the tent and it draws 112w.

I've got it on full and within a few hours the plants leaves were praying upwards. Not extreme but just a bit.

Is this good, or a sign of stress?

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Praying?!

Post by Nanook »

Personally I like to see them doing it.
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 am) • Dex (Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:00 am)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Thanks all. I just checked now and they are back to normal. I'm learning it's more about reading the plants you have as opposed to hard and fast rules.

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

If led you are using my advice is keep it at that hight or about inch or teo higher..

I use cobs led and normally if i have that and dont feed the right amount of cal mag and nitrogen then withing a few days they look hungry woth older fan leafs going like a yellow colour..

That normally in my experience means too much light and could be burned if not fed right amout which is pretty hard for me lol or if not raised lights a click or two
These users thanked the author Dex for the post:
Tictok (Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:37 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Dex wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm
If led you are using my advice is keep it at that hight or about inch or teo higher..

I use cobs led and normally if i have that and dont feed the right amount of cal mag and nitrogen then withing a few days they look hungry woth older fan leafs going like a yellow colour..

That normally in my experience means too much light and could be burned if not fed right amout which is pretty hard for me lol or if not raised lights a click or two
Thanks Dex, it really seems like leds require that extra nutrient input. I'll raise the light a few clicks also.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Dex (Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I thought this was going to be another Coronavirus thread. D'oh.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:35 pm) • Dex (Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:30 pm
I thought this was going to be another Coronavirus thread. D'oh.
Loool i thought same too... expecting people were going to pray lmao till i read and realised lol
These users thanked the author Dex for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:49 pm) • Tictok (Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:00 am)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Tictok wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:27 pm
Dex wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm

Thanks Dex, it really seems like leds require that extra nutrient input. I'll raise the light a few clicks also.
Led lights are very powerful and can kill plants like hydro ive had some crisp withing 24 hours with no chance of revival... i dont feed heavy tho so thats my issue so i raise lights just a click or two then check on em next day
These users thanked the author Dex for the post:
Tictok (Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:00 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

My led is oversized for my tent, and i ran into this a while back. But it wasn't the amount of light, my humidity was too low and the heat was too much for the tops. My solution was an automated humidifier, and raising one of the small fans to blow above the plant tops. It's working well for me but your issue could be any of the above.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Dex (Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:59 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

sageridder wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:28 pm
My led is oversized for my tent, and i ran into this a while back. But it wasn't the amount of light, my humidity was too low and the heat was too much for the tops. My solution was an automated humidifier, and raising one of the small fans to blow above the plant tops. It's working well for me but your issue could be any of the above.
Same here in my first tent, I've got the ISH3R from Invisible Sun, awesome light but too much for my 60x60 when on full. I run it dimmed at around 80w draw in veg then up to 110w draw in bloom. The thing will go up to nearly 200w draw.

I have low humidity in both 60x60 tents. I've had a bowl of water in the with a dishcloth half dipped in.

What automated humidifier are you using?
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Dex (Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:25 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”