Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Multiple auto strains - what to consider

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
weedabix

Multiple auto strains - what to consider

Post by weedabix »

Hi,
absolute newbie here, setting up my first grow. I have room for 2 plants (80x80x160 tent). I want to start with autos in soil. I want to grow a pineapple express auto from fastbuds and one other strain. Ideally I want something very contrasting. I know I should keep the time to harvest similar (because I want to dry in the same tent), but does it matter if one plant grows much bigger? I was thinking of growing also a Pink Kush CBD from seedsman because it's very different and looks amazing! But apparently it's tiny. Is it ok to then just prop it up to keep it at a similar distance from the light? Or should I try to grow plants of roughly equal size? The alternative would be Fini Auto from Super Strains...
thank you for your advice,
weedabix

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Multiple auto strains - what to consider

Post by Bulls »

Hello buddy. To be honest if you choose same strain and grow 2 different seeds, you might end up with 2 completely different phenotypes. So The best solution is to just keep plants at the same distnace from light by lifting the shorter plants on something.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

I think you already got a good plan mate. if its a strain you really wanna try, you can absolutely just prop it up to keep them lights the same distance

:rock: im excited for ya
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

With my limited knowledge as long as you can keep plants same distance from light it should be ok
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

cool thanks! I'm excited too! Can't wait! But I'm going away over Christmas to see my folks and can't start before, so all I'm doing is planning and smoking overpriced black market weed - god knows which strain and what went into that! Cool, I will go for PE and Pink Kush CBD then and hope they are ready for harvest roughly at the same time.

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

Feel your pain on the black market stuff!!!

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Hmr81.5 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm
With my limited knowledge as long as you can keep plants same distance from light it should be ok
lst-low-stress-training-guide-4340 my training guide is a good way to keep plants level.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

weedabix wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 pm
cool thanks! I'm excited too! Can't wait! But I'm going away over Christmas to see my folks and can't start before, so all I'm doing is planning and smoking overpriced black market weed - god knows which strain and what went into that! Cool, I will go for PE and Pink Kush CBD then and hope they are ready for harvest roughly at the same time.
Sweet Seeds do some awesome auto strains, if you want something contrasting they do some reds and purps that will go purple unlike many "purple" strains. I done the sweet dark devil by them, amazing beautiful plant.

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

Keeno wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:41 pm
Sweet Seeds do some awesome auto strains, if you want something contrasting they do some reds and purps that will go purple unlike many "purple" strains. I done the sweet dark devil by them, amazing beautiful plant.
I just had a look at them - they look crazy! That's definitely on my list!

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

Keeno wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:37 pm
lst-low-stress-training-guide-4340 my training guide is a good way to keep plants level.
good guide! Thanks for that! I've had a read, already before! I was planning on doing LST for sure and topping if the plant looks super healthy and I can get myself to do it - I know topping of autos is controversial so I'll go with how the plants look like when it's time for it!

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”