Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

aloe vera

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

aloe vera

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hi all.

I know some people use aloe vera when foliar spraying to help the plant absorb whatever you're spraying on them quicker.

Do you use aloe vera liquid like these...

Or is it some other kind?

Thank you.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Smokey

Re: aloe vera

Post by Smokey »

Yes Asp it will be absolutely fine maybe a touch watered down to save cost, but may I ask why or what you are foliar feeding fella? Like I only foliar feed calmag but I wouldn’t use aloe Vera as a carrier for that ??
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Smokey wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 am
Yes Asp it will be absolutely fine maybe a touch watered down to save cost, but may I ask why or what you are foliar feeding fella? Like I only foliar feed calmag but I wouldn’t use aloe Vera as a carrier for that ??
Hi mate,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I was going to water it down. It's too expensive to use concentrated.
It's not for now, but maybe my next grow, and yes, it's more likely for calmag.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Aloe Vera makes for a good rooting gel to dunk new cuttings in as well.

I just use a few drops of washing up liquid per liter of AnB fert mix as an emulsifier if i`m foliar feeding in veg, just to help the ferts stick around longer on leaves.

A good preventative measure against bugs as well. Dad swore it was best thing since sliced bread preventing bugs on tom plants. Obviously you wouldn`t wanna be using if plants in full flowering mode but in veg and first few weeks of 12/12 your sound.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

hey aspie wouldnt it be much cheaper to buy a aloe plant and just make your own spray when needed ,, thats what id conciderdoing over buying bottled stuff tbh , as jimmy mentioned i know it can be used a rooting gel but have nor heard being use as foliar
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm
Aloe Vera makes for a good rooting gel to dunk new cuttings in as well.

I just use a few drops of washing up liquid per liter of AnB fert mix as an emulsifier if i`m foliar feeding in veg, just to help the ferts stick around longer on leaves.

A good preventative measure against bugs as well. Dad swore it was best thing since sliced bread preventing bugs on tom plants. Obviously you wouldn`t wanna be using if plants in full flowering mode but in veg and first few weeks of 12/12 your sound.
Hi mate,

Cuttings are no good if you're growing autos, but thanks for the info.

I've done the washing up liquid trick years ago on chillies but they also dulled the leaves.
Wizard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:40 pm
hey aspie wouldnt it be much cheaper to buy a aloe plant and just make your own spray when needed ,, thats what id conciderdoing over buying bottled stuff tbh , as jimmy mentioned i know it can be used a rooting gel but have nor heard being use as foliar
Hi mate,

Plants are about £10 a pop, plus you have to faff about getting the juice out, and if you only want a little bit, it seems such a waste that way.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

they are a easy grow plant , we always had 1 or 2 in the house as a kid for things like burns, scrapes , dry skin , mom was always pulling shoots to give to other people as well

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Wizard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:59 pm
they are a easy grow plant , we always had 1 or 2 in the house as a kid for things like burns, scrapes , dry skin , mom was always pulling shoots to give to other people as well
They take ages to grow though, and I really don't have the space as the wife has a lot of plants everywhere.

When I lived in Texas, you could purchase bundles of them in the fruit and veg section of the supermarket. Not in the UK though, only plants.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”