Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When to use pk?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: When to use pk?

Post by Nanook »

As capt says once I use 1ml/l I don't use base nutes. I start week 2 flower at 0.5ml/l and work my way to 1ml/l pretty much same as bulls does except I probably use it for longer... Till flush.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I use pk13/14 for 3 weeks before i flush at the end at 1ml per liter. Some use it as an early boost some as a mid term booster and some all way through bloom, basically nowts written in stone, whatever tickles your pickle, but dont overdo it cus it soon makes those leaves crispy if ya do. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

As everybody above mentioned there are number of ways to use PK. First and very important is to see how strong your PK is.

1)With pk 13/14 you can start directly from flip with 0.25 ml per L for weeks 1 and 2, then up to 0.5ml per L for week 3 and 0.75 for week 4 BUT You must read your plants. Not all strains react the same. Some strains might not allow you to use such rates. Week 4 - Mid flower flush. I think it is a must to do mid flower flush if you're planning to use PK all the way thourgh flower. No matter how much runoff you get every day you still get salts build up in the coco. After you've done the mid flower flush depending on how the plants reacted previously you carry on on 1 ml per L or less.

2) You can use it first week of flowering to boost the flowering process and then cut it out until weeks 5/6. Bare in mind using it at first week should be at low dose otherwise you might get them stalled.

3) You can play safe and use the PK at weeks 5/6 only :)

Glynne420
Respected Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Glynne420 »

Im in soil so not much help for you but i use OT Pk4/8... week 3 of flower they get 1ml/L until week 6 alternating between 1 watering with and 1 watering without, they still get base grow + bloom with it but i lower those slightly. ... i stop it and the base nutes for the last week b4 chop.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I've been pondering this the past couple days.... If the pk ratios in my base feed are high already, do I even need to add the pk boost?? If I stopped using base feed and only pk I'll actually lower my pk ratios, major difference would be no nitrogen. What do you guys think?
I might run base feed only one more time before trying the pk boost

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”