Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When to use pk?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Josh
GR420 Leg End

When to use pk?

Post by Josh »

Hey growroom, seeing as I've never used a pk supplement during flower figured I'd ask around and see what you all recommended.

I happen to have a new bottle of pk boost from ionic, but reading the bottle it says to feed every week of flower except for flush. Thought this sounded fishy so called one of their engineers and he said to only use for a week or 2 maximum, weeks 5 or 6 of flower

So which is it? What have you guys found to be more effective? How many ml per L?

I trust your experience because I know a lot you use pk boosters
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Josh on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: When to use pk?

Post by Nanook »

This must be new, used to be Ionic boost? Following as I'm interested.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Nanook of the north wrote:This must be new, used to be Ionic boost? Following as I'm interested.
I think the U.S. has a different distribution company, same manufacturer though. Packaging looks a bit different from what you guys get

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Mine was 13/14 iirc

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Hey Josh,

I've never grown in water so please dont take what I say as advice for your setup.

What I know from growing in coco is people will use at different times depending on preference. I personally use pk from day 1 flower. The ratios are important though. I use a higher ratio pk at the very start to give the plants the elements they need as a kick start. I know some will do similar from week 2. Pk is essentially a boost for flower for this reason I like to use throughout the flowering cycle, I drop to lower ratio pk after 2 weeks. Going by them ratios I'd be happy to use throughout flower till flush. Its go real nice low ratios.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:08 pm
Mine was 13/14 iirc
Yeah I use a 13/14 from day 1 to 14 to kick start.

Josh that rocks resinator I'm now using, im only using as it has real nice low ratios, similar to what you got there.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

I use 2 boosters buddy week 2 to 4 of flower then at week 6 I feed them pk 14 /15. For a week..... 1 ml a litre I'm in coco then watch them swell

Great Googly Moogly ¡¡¡

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Keeno wrote:Hey Josh,

I've never grown in water so please dont take what I say as advice for your setup.

What I know from growing in coco is people will use at different times depending on preference. I personally use pk from day 1 flower. The ratios are important though. I use a higher ratio pk at the very start to give the plants the elements they need as a kick start. I know some will do similar from week 2. Pk is essentially a boost for flower for this reason I like to use throughout the flowering cycle, I drop to lower ratio pk after 2 weeks. Going by them ratios I'd be happy to use throughout flower till flush. Its go real nice low ratios.
Thanks for the advice mate, I appreciate it
My base feed has pretty much the same pk ratio, should I worry at all about possibly overdoing it? And what would be a good ml per liter to go with in your oppinion?

I'll start using in a couple weeks prbly

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Ml/l isn't the issue, it's EC you need to know mate. Once you know how many ml to your tank youl know forever :)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

integrajosh wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:01 pm
Keeno wrote:Hey Josh,

Thanks for the advice mate, I appreciate it
My base feed has pretty much the same pk ratio, should I worry at all about possibly overdoing it? And what would be a good ml per liter to go with in your oppinion?

I'll start using in a couple weeks prbly

This is for coco?

What is recommended dosage on bottle?

As for over feeding, same as anything else, just keep an eye.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”