Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Adding epsom to dwc reservoir?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Adding epsom to dwc reservoir?

Post by Josh »

Watsup everyone, quick question for you guys. Turns out I've had a magnesium deficiency all through flower, not horrible but it's there. With maybe 2 weeks left I want to get it corrected though
Sry, no pics of the fan leaves but I'm 99.9% sure that's what it is.

I diluted my ppm by 100 last night and upped it back by 100 with some dissolved epsom salt. Way too late into flowering to foliar spray so I just tossed it into the rez

What's the usual dose you guys give when a deficiency occurs? I've read everything from 1 tablespoon per gallon to flush the system twice and run nothing but epsom for 2 days

Looking forward to your advice

Thanks again growroom

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Adding epsom to dwc reservoir?

Post by Bulls »

Usually yes 1 gram per gallon mate. I think you need to dissolve in warm water as if goes straight into the res will dilute harder in cold water.
Usually 2 days in the system should be fine I think, without needing to flush.. Do you have calmag ? If you have you can use that instead mate at least it's tried and tested. I've done foliar feed with epsom salts only though.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I used Epsom salts on a foliar and it was pretty garbage compared to when I used plant magic Calmag+ (also in a foliar).
Well, I noticed a difference with the calmag and didn't with the salts.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Thanks for the feedback guys, yes I made sure to dissolve it in hot water before I poured it in. I do have cal-mag but it has nitrogen added to it so I'm kind of weary to use it, but if you think it's a better option than I'll give it a try next reservoir change which is tomorrow

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:I used Epsom salts on a foliar and it was pretty garbage compared to when I used plant magic Calmag+ (also in a foliar).
I'm running RO water next grow, so I'll definitely need to supplement with calmag. I'll get that calmag+
How many milliliters per liter do you run? Does the amount change after I switch to flower?

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:24 pm
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:I used Epsom salts on a foliar and it was pretty garbage compared to when I used plant magic Calmag+ (also in a foliar).
I'm running RO water next grow, so I'll definitely need to supplement with calmag. I'll get that calmag+
How many milliliters per liter do you run? Does the amount change after I switch to flower?

I only Foliar feed 1-2 ml per litre and only 2-3 times during their lives.. I grow in soil not hydro though.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

With a fresh reservoir, just added cal-mag at 1tsp per gallon. So 75 ml
We'll see how it goes

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”