Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Using water that hasn't sat for 24 hrs

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
darrenking241
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Using water that hasn't sat for 24 hrs

Post by darrenking241 »

anyone help me as too wether I can use water that hasn't sat for 24 hrs because im wanting to change my res to bloom nutes today and forgot to fill my water barrels my background ec is 0.2 cheers.

darrenking241

Re: Using water that hasnt sat for 24 hrs

Post by darrenking241 »

Viz wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:02 pm
The rational behind why folks waited 24 hours was due to the chlorine content found is most domestic supplies. If your water does not have high chlorine then go for it. I live down South and I can very happily use the water straight out of the tap if need be.
oh well i havent a clue about chlorine content in my water supply so il just leave it until tomorrow night. thanks for the help Viz.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

So long as your not using beneficial bacteria or any life type products It doesn`t really matter mate, if your using chemical based ferts you could say it`s possibly beneficial in keeping a hydro set up sterile around your roots. Don`t get me wrong you don`t wanna be changing out freezing cold tap water like it is from tap during winter months cus you`ll shock and stall the plants, basically so long as the water is around room temp and not too cold you`ll be sound, tap water this time of year isn`t really cold as well, but dip it with a thermometer to see if it`s around 18 to 22c and your good to go.

It`s a different story if your growing organically and trying to keep the microlife happy in the soil.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

darrenking241

Post by darrenking241 »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:10 pm
So long as your not using beneficial bacteria or any life type products It doesn`t really matter mate, if your using chemical based ferts you could say it`s possibly beneficial in keeping a hydro set up sterile around your roots. Don`t get me wrong you don`t wanna be changing out freezing cold tap water like it is from tap during winter months cus you`ll shock and stall the plants, basically so long as the water is around room temp and not too cold you`ll be sound, tap water this time of year isn`t really cold as well, but dip it with a thermometer to see if it`s around 18 to 22c and your good to go.

It`s a different story if your growing organically and trying to keep the microlife happy in the soil.
ive stopped using voodoo juice beneficials for my roots but do you think it would affect the hydroguard usage because that contains bactillus amliqifaciens (ignore spelling).

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

My initial thoughts are yes but not just straight away, shits gonna gonna die off quicker than it would usually and that`s if it`s alive to start, i mean how long does stuff like that live for. But just add it in morning when chlorine has evaporated ;)

That said a lot of it is a load of bollox imho cus one thing peeps can`t just evaporate off from tap water by letting water stand 24/7 is a by product from what`s added to the water before it reaches the tap, basically the chlorine and amonia they add to tap water combines on way to tap to form a by product called chloramine.

I wouldn't worry too much, think of it like this if it kills beneficial bacteria`s then i`m pretty sure it will kill off the bad stuff as well and in so doing help keep things sterile in general. :D

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Using water that hasn't sat for 24 hrs

Post by kbag »

Slightly different to you Darren as my roots are not sitting in water but i do use a wilma and i fill it up straight from the hot and cold tap so i do not have to mess about waiting for water to get to room temp.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I often use water straight from the tap for my vegging plants but always make sure it's the correct temperature. Never had problems.
On a side note, some great info above
Fair play to your knowledge

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I use out the tap bit sometimes use hot/cold mix. No issues.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Lol Viz, I can't fit in the bath at the new place... Showers only 😂

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”