Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Ram eco fan suggestions on hanging and quantity in 1.2x1.2x2m tent

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Ram eco fan suggestions on hanging and quantity in 1.2x1.2x2m tent

Post by wutang »

Hey guys

Any of you in a 1.2x1.2x.2m tent and have a ram eco fan or 2 in the tent?

If so how do you hang them (I'm sure I seen someone on here with theirs hung up). I've got one on the floor but it's not powerful enough to blow air towards the top of the plant from the floor, unless it's because I kept on speed 1 throughout th3 grow.

Cheers
Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Keeno (Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:31 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Ram eco fan suggestions on hanging and quantity in 1.2x1.2x2m tent

Post by Keeno »

I'd have it as you probably have, front centre blowing round rhe pots and up into canopy.

The problem with these types of fans is they need room around the back of the so cannot be tied flat to the tent. You would need some tilt. I'll try find a picture.

P.s. I'd have the fan under the campy as well, as in 2 fans going in there.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Not best pictures wu but you can kinda see what I mean below. I achieved this by cable tying the bottom of the back grill to a poll. Then use a yoyo hanger from top of the fan grill/cage, yoyo attached to pole on top of tent. Allowing me to adjust the angle.

These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
wutang (Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:04 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Wicked @Keeno thank you.

So two fans. One on the floor on one side blowing around the pots, and a second unit hanging from top blowing over the top of the plants?

Sorry just wanted to clarify before I go and buy another lol they're on offer for 19quid atm so may as well get it
Keeno (Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

What speeds do you keep em on? Do you change it throughout the cycle?
Keeno (Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

wutang wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 pm
Wicked @Keeno thank you.

So two fans. One on the floor on one side blowing around the pots, and a second unit hanging from top blowing over the top of the plants?

Sorry just wanted to clarify before I go and buy another lol they're on offer for 19quid atm so may as well get it
Because of the way they blow air around from the moving grill, the fan above I'd have pretty high up. Attach the fan from the bottom centre of the plast grill tona pole with a cable tie or similar. Then yoyo from the to of grill to a pole up top. Confusing to explain ๐Ÿ˜…. Fan would end up forming a triangle with corner of tent.

As for speed in that space I reckon level 2 would be good. 1 obviously for seedlings.
wutang (Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:36 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Keeno wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:02 pm
Wicked @Keeno thank you.

Because of the way they blow air around from the moving grill, the fan above I'd have pretty high up. Attach the fan from the bottom centre of the plast grill tona pole with a cable tie or similar. Then yoyo from the to of grill to a pole up top. Confusing to explain ๐Ÿ˜…. Fan would end up forming a triangle with corner of tent.

As for speed in that space I reckon level 2 would be good. 1 obviously for seedlings.
Cheers bud. Do I need 2 of the fans though? One at the bottom of the tent too

I get what you're saying about not covering rhe back so much as it needs to suck air in to blow it out

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:37 pm
Keeno wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:02 pm
Wicked @Keeno thank you.

Cheers bud. Do I need 2 of the fans though? One at the bottom of the tent too

I get what you're saying about not covering rhe back so much as it needs to suck air in to blow it out
Probably don't need 2 unless you are heavy scrogging. My net ends up so thick air won't blow through it so I have fans above and below it.
wutang (Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:11 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Summink like the ac infinity or any other types similar that i can set controls for daytime and night time temps as well as humidity all bluetooth as well will prolly gonna be my next buy @wutang .
https://acinfinity.com/inline-fan-systems/?page=2

Cheaper models apparently do same as AC Infinity Cloudline
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234856904593 ... R8ClhNH9Yg
&
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165443467676 ... %3A4429486
&
Looks as good deal and decent Chinese brand, im not sure if its bluetooth or not but it does rest like last one does too:
"Spider Farmer 6 Inch Grow Tent Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller, 350 CFM EC Motor Quiet Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster" on Amazon
&
Here`s another on Amazon and it looks a fair price too:
"Aygrochy Quiet 6โ€ Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan Using for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics,Home use Ventilation and Exhaust Blower." on Amazon
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to โ€œCannabis And Growing Q&A Roomโ€