Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Rhino Pro and Rvk 5" combo - filter upgrade/recommendations please

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Rhino Pro and Rvk 5" combo - filter upgrade/recommendations please

Post by wutang »

I've been using the rhino Pro and 5" rvk for my last 2 or 3 grows.

Are the rhinos pros still rated? What do you guys use, that lasts long as the rhino Pro or more that will work with my standard 5" rvk not the superfast version

Thanks.wu

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Rhino Pro and Rvk 5" combo - filter upgrade/recommendations please

Post by 2-Scoops »

Never had a problem with the rhino pro but i changed out to summink new cus everyone on here said the latest lot going around were shit since production switched to China. I bought the Carboair one which works like dream and is made just up road from me in a factory, it seems to be doing jobby just as good as Rhino did, I'm happy with it and I'm now on my 2nd or 3rd grow with it.

As for extraction fans i changed my rvk out for summink that's noisy as fuck in comparison, when i buy i again if cash is tight its rvk all the way for me, if I'm flush in pocket i may get one of those jazzy ones that lots of peeps are getting nowadays though, a few on here use them but i fucking forgot the name now, my heads a shed man.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:45 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:34 pm
Never had a problem with the rhino pro but i changed out to summink new cus everyone on here said the latest lot going around were shit since production switched to China. I bought the Carboair one which works like dream and is made just up road from me in a factory, it seems to be doing jobby just as good as Rhino did, I'm happy with it and I'm now on my 2nd or 3rd grow with it.

As for extraction fans i changed my rvk out for summink that's noisy as fuck in comparison, when i buy i again if cash is tight its rvk all the way for me, if I'm flush in pocket i may get one of those jazzy ones that lots of peeps are getting nowadays though, a few on here use them but i fucking forgot the name now, my heads a shed man.
Cheers dude.

I'm wondering whether my 5" is about done. I could smell a bit in the shed..but I did have my controller at min 45%, as soon as I cranked it up to 50%, then 70% in the end due to humidity issues.. I couldn't smell anything. Maybe I've just made myself more para now and it may stop performing on my next run..but I doubt it..as during the end of this grow I couldn't smell any leaks when the fan was cranked up. And the tangie is smelly as fuck.. so maybe a combo of things.

Thanks for the input as always mukka

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm
I'm wondering whether my 5" is about done. I could smell a bit in the shed..but I did have my controller at min 45%, as soon as I cranked it up to 50%, then 70% in the end due to humidity issues.. I couldn't smell anything
So high humidity which i think is around 70%+ reduces the filter fan to scrub smells properly it will also reduce the filters lifespan. That said I've never had a dehumidifier and i run constantly at high humidity like i mentioned their during the darker period lights out in bloom and filters always get used for years lets say around 7, 8 or 9 grows. Remember to get those oscillating fans cranked up during times of high humidity to help ward off nasties settling in making their home in your buds.
wutang (Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:13 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:08 am
wutang wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm
I'm wondering whether my 5" is about done. I could smell a bit in the shed..but I did have my controller at min 45%, as soon as I cranked it up to 50%, then 70% in the end due to humidity issues.. I couldn't smell anything
So high humidity which i think is around 70%+ reduces the filter fan to scrub smells properly it will also reduce the filters lifespan. That said I've never had a dehumidifier and i run constantly at high humidity like i mentioned their during the darker period lights out in bloom and filters always get used for years lets say around 7, 8 or 9 grows. Remember to get those oscillating fans cranked up during times of high humidity to help ward off nasties settling in making their home in your buds.
That's where I royally screwed up looking back. Circulation fan. I have one of those square ram eco fans that's static with a louvre that spins around. However it was on the floor - I will reposition on next grow maybe higher up. That's where I got mould..especially the bud site that was snug to the bamboo stake. I'll maybe even get another one for the other side to promote more air movement.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

From experience, those Rhino pro's are good for about 5-6 grows. If you're starting to get the odd whiff of weed, that's the early signs it's on its way out.

I'm rocking a Can inline filter. It's alright. I was told many moons ago, apart from the size and the amount of carbon used, all the main brands get their carbon from the same supplier.

I'd just pick on that suits your situation. As long as its a reputable brand, you'll be fine.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I used Pro for years but then had a bad few in a row' small leaks very early into use. along with a lot of people. They have seemed to have sorted the issues though as my last few were fine.

Phat filters were as good as Rhino but I can't find them these days. A lot of people jumped over to viper filters when Rhino had that shit period I mentioned above.

I tend to run my filters for 2 grows them recycle them. I know they will last longer but best safe than sorry

When you are looking at pricey kit like filters always give me a message Wu. I can get a lot of grow equipment at cost, not just seeds like I do for people on here.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:15 pm
That's where I royally screwed up looking back. Circulation fan
Very much a big part of a grow that's over looked far too much by many Wu and more so if your not running a dehumidifier at certain times in bloom, they really help cut down risks of mould like bud rot imo mukka. 8-)
wutang (Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:47 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 pm
wutang wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:15 pm
That's where I royally screwed up looking back. Circulation fan
Very much a big part of a grow that's over looked far too much by many Wu and more so if your not running a dehumidifier at certain times in bloom, they really help cut down risks of mould like bud rot imo mukka. 8-)
I think you've hit the nail on the head brother. Position that fekking circulation fan properly. And good air flow with extraction unit.

+1 lessons learned on this grow, managed to eliminate all my fuck ups from my previous diaries. So please and thata a big thank you to you and the others here. Thank you mukka.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:49 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”