Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Some Mother's Do Ave Em

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Treetrunk
Respected Member

Re: Some Mother's Do Ave Em

Post by Treetrunk »

I use clay balls in 2 litre pots for mother's.
Keep them under a 25w 5000k led.
The longest I've kept one is 6 months due to room issues and me getting bored.
It's worth keeping a mother if you get something half decent.
Seems to be lots of variations in the quality of seeds available at the moment.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 4):
Marcus (Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:53 am) • Wrh (Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:35 am) • biosynthetic (Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:12 pm) • sybarite (Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:41 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I thought I'd order some new cfl bulbs seeing as I can't find my box of bulbs, I ran a couple in a kitchen cupboard for a bit for vegging and they were cock on.

BUT, they've been banned by the tories. FFS. Along with flouro tubes. Cnuts!

So I'm mooching for small lights and have found these... https://grow-gang.com/products/pianta-grow-light

Any thoughts on them?

To me they look like they'll do a job but may be a bit too powerful for small space? They're not dimmable.

I may have to punt for an amazon chinese jobbie.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
biosynthetic (Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:12 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

There are loads of propagation led lights out there I've just looked up the one I use it's nearly 50 quid now it uses 24 watts but it is pretty old now the newer ones are probably better is do one so does migro and most of the Chinese hydro companies do there own versions. As I said before if your only keeping mums and not vegging I'd just use a household led bulb if you have an old lamp holder migro even made a led board out of some if you look on you tube. Happy shopping mate :cheers:
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post:
Marcus (Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:49 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:44 am
There are loads of propagation led lights out there I've just looked up the one I use it's nearly 50 quid now it uses 24 watts but it is pretty old now the newer ones are probably better is do one so does migro and most of the Chinese hydro companies do there own versions. As I said before if your only keeping mums and not vegging I'd just use a household led bulb if you have an old lamp holder migro even made a led board out of some if you look on you tube. Happy shopping mate :cheers:
I had a big box of lamps and holders, adjustawings etc etc and I think I may have left it in the loft of my old house when we moved. :bang head:
That was 2 houses ago now. :rolf:

I've got a pile of these... https://www.bltdirect.com/v-tac-led-bat ... msung-chip

But man, they're bright as fuck! :lol:

I may have to do some googlying.
Wrh (Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:26 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

I'd use one of those definitely it's looks perfect to me it's almost the same as mine just a lot cheaper it even uses less leccy than mine I have mine about 18 inches above if I remember rightly. I've been up into my loft this morning to get mine down its cuttings for me from now on I know you have to grow from seed to get the cuttings in the first place but when you get something even ok I'll keep it I haven't had anything really decent since I stopped using cuts and with the price of electric I'm going to take some of the gamble out of the equation
Marcus (Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:38 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

This is my one and it is bright as hell too but it works great. I have loads of old kit in my loft I bet I have 6 old rvk fans in various sizes, and also old reflectors as you said but I still end up buying new rather than even look what are we like lol :lol:
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:14 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:14 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Wrh wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:39 pm
This is my one and it is bright as hell too but it works great. I have loads of old kit in my loft I bet I have 6 old rvk fans in various sizes, and also old reflectors as you said but I still end up buying new rather than even look what are we like lol :lol:
I may have to buy a new tent to keep mums in... and a new fancy light that I can use for vegging as well. :rolf:

I try and replace my T5 tubes every year or so and if the government are banning fluro tubes, then I'm fucked.
Wrh (Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:25 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Get a tent you can fit your led in and just dim it , does your wife question you when you buy a new tent when she knows you have 5 already in the loft lol 😂 thankfully mine doesn't, happy shopping 🛒 mate
Marcus (Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:41 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

These seem happy enough, no fans or owt, under a 20w daylught thing. 21*C and 66% rh.

Now a question...

Is growing a mom from seed better than a mom from a cutting or is a mom from a cutting better than a mom from a seed?

No offence meant to any moms out there.

You're all the best.

(apart from that one over there... she's trouble...)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:20 pm
These seem happy enough, no fans or owt, under a 20w daylught thing. 21*C and 66% rh.

Now a question...

Is growing a mom from seed better than a mom from a cutting or is a mom from a cutting better than a mom from a seed?

No offence meant to any moms out there.

You're all the best.

(apart from that one over there... she's trouble...)
I'm told seed is better, but I've had and know people that have had rotated mothers from cuttings for years. As far as I can see, doesn't make much difference if you look after them
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”