Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying inside tent - extractor in or out

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Drying inside tent - extractor in or out

Post by wutang »

Hey guys and gals

So up until now I've not been putting a my 4" extraction unit inside my drying tent because there's no space inside but mainly coz i know it can over dry the herb.

Instead I place it outside of the tent, carbon filter close to the vent hole so in essence it captures some of the Odor but overall doesn't overdry it.

I dry in my gq60 on its side 60x60x90cm

I have a small 10" ram fan pointed at the bottom, installed at the bottom so not blowing on to my drying net.

I wet trim using a bowl trimmer.

I've had one of those dimmer type fan controllers when I dried inside my bigger 80x80x160cm tent..but it was never great..sometimes the controller would either completely slow the fan down or increase by a notch and either way wasn't good.

Interested to see how many of you still dry with a fan and what type of controller in your grow tent and whether you still end up with dank bud or overdried crap.

Peace and love
Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:23 am) • biosynthetic (Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:51 pm)

Hmr81

Re: Drying inside tent - extractor in or out

Post by Hmr81 »

Hey bud, i have a fan on low underneath the lowest bud drying and not directly on blowing on any bud, and i have my filter still inside the tent, again on like level 2 on the AC infinity switch thingy. I check it everyday after about 4 or 5 days and let it dry slowly. usually takes 10-12 days before its ready to jar.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
wutang (Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:28 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

If it's in a tent, I'll just run the extraction on full crank anyway. Filter + 5 inch Can-fan in tent and fan blowing it out of the tent, always passive intake for me anyway.

If it's a bigger space, I may run a fan pointed at a wall for a bit more air circulation, but never directly at the hanging plants.

I wouldn't risk running a low speed for my filter though. Some dope stinks worse when drying than growing.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
wutang (Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:28 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:50 am
If it's in a tent, I'll just run the extraction on full crank anyway. Filter + 5 inch Can-fan in tent and fan blowing it out of the tent, always passive intake for me anyway.

If it's a bigger space, I may run a fan pointed at a wall for a bit more air circulation, but never directly at the hanging plants.

I wouldn't risk running a low speed for my filter though. Some dope stinks worse when drying than growing.
And you don't find that over drys the bud? How long does this take you to dry and what are your temps etc?
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Marcus (Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:27 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

wutang wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:28 pm
And you don't find that over drys the bud? How long does this take you to dry and what are your temps etc?
I hang the plants whole, I don't even take a leaf off. Temps are whatever they are in the house, same as RH.

If it's real high RH, then I pop a dehumidifier in the room with the tent and get the room down to 65%.

Takes a week to 10 days I guess, then I strip the fan leaves off and have a mooch at the buds.

If I ever take the buds off the stalks and they're too wet, I sling them in a cardboard shoe box and leave them for a night or two just in the lounge.

If I feel it's over dry (like I have with 1 plant this last run) I sling it in a jar with an RH monitor and it soon proves it's not that dry.
This over dry one absolutely reeks of fuel and arse eggs.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
wutang (Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:01 pm)

biosynthetic
Known User

Post by biosynthetic »

I just use extractor fan (with filter) on the lowest setting, sometimes need a small dehumidifier depending on time of year but lately its been really cold so I've been having to use the bigger dehumidifier and even tube radiators at night, the night temp was very low for a couple of days (3 celcius). Ideal temps usually 16-21c and 53-63% humidity, takes around 8-12 days. Cheers :puff puff:
These users thanked the author biosynthetic for the post:
wutang (Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:01 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”