Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Hot compost

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TheCloudyChef

Re: Hot compost

Post by TheCloudyChef »

seymore_budz wrote:
TheCloudyChef wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:05 pm
This is it . This ones dried out a bit so not looking as wet as it was .

It's just me rushing stuff - I should have really just started up some living soil in my 59ltr fabrics.
Lesson learnt- I'll see if theres any preserving with this if not I'll just wait till I can start the way I mean to go on . This was only for a quick budget auto grow ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Ahh that's not potting compost :) The reason why it's too rich is because that's a soil conditioner and should be mixed with something else. Sorry, I thought you had potting compost. Don't plant directly into that or you'll burn the shit out of them
Since looking at the bag this time round I see the mistake made , the website description dont match the product .
My mistake for cheaping out lol
Well atleast I have no choice but to just start properly. It was a sign to slow myself down

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:39 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Realmed

Re: Hot compost

Post by Realmed »

TheCloudyChef wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:13 pm
So the compost I've purchased seems a tad hot and has thrown nute burn up in my basil plants.
It has quite a whiff of manure to it .

Now if I fill my pots up with it then create around a 5ltr well filled with a weaker compost and sow auto seeds into the lighter compost do you think that's enough medium to get plants going and stabilised before it hits the stronger medium ?

Yep your compost was to hot, ie not aged long enough, compost shouldn't smell anything but of earth. Best thing would have been to let it set for a month or so. Things like this really gets me going about the greedy soil companies.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”