Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Are these nanners?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Are these nanners?

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:01 pm
99% chance of being hermie again and 1% of being fem beans
I'd say that's utter bollocks Jimbo or fem beans would all be shite. Forcing a female to grow a dick to breed with... That's a hermie.

But nanners ain't a hermie.
A hermie is both sets of dangly bits, tits fannies cocks n balls.

Nanners are a natural reaction to a plant wanting to reproduce before it's days are done. Some breeders let them go longer than they should to collect the nanners and use the pollen for fem beans making, saves spraying chemicals on plants to force hermies. Soma has done it for years, he details it in his book. (I'll try and find a link to it later)

That's my understanding of it anyway.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:13 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:15 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Edit - https://www.e-reading-lib.com/bookreade ... -style.pdf

Chapter 10 page 71. @2-Scoops
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:16 pm) • Greenfingers (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:17 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:35 pm) • Herbalist (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:20 pm)

biosynthetic
Known User

Post by biosynthetic »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:41 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:01 pm
99% chance of being hermie again and 1% of being fem beans
I'd say that's utter bollocks Jimbo or fem beans would all be shite. Forcing a female to grow a dick to breed with... That's a hermie.

But nanners ain't a hermie.
A hermie is both sets of dangly bits, tits fannies cocks n balls.

Nanners are a natural reaction to a plant wanting to reproduce before it's days are done. Some breeders let them go longer than they should to collect the nanners and use the pollen for fem beans making, saves spraying chemicals on plants to force hermies. Soma has done it for years, he details it in his book. (I'll try and find a link to it later)

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Cheers :thanks: :cheers: :rock:
These users thanked the author biosynthetic for the post:
Marcus (Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:52 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Just to add about hermies too...

I did a Moby Dick last run and it was a Moby Chick with a Dick... full of bollocks all through flower. Not nanners, but proper ballbags.

Anyway, I'm still to find a seed and that dope smashes my tits in.

:cheering: :running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:01 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tbh i looked and read lots of different opinions lots were contradicting each other, i mean one i read said hermies with dangly bits was all about shit breeding by shit breeders and a nanner typo hermie is usually caused by grower stressing the plant out. So still a hermie but not what's known as as true hermie
https://growingmarijuanaperfectly.com/2 ... na-plants/

Theirs that many contradicting reads on everything weed related, i just think you`ve gotta pick meat out of them sometimes. But yes those numbers i really wasn`t convinced one bit at all mate, ill take a ganders at that read now @Marcus . :cheers:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:04 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:01 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

There's loads of conflicting info out there Jimbo @2-Scoops , most in this game nowadays on the social medias are just folks trying to make a name for themselves and regurgitating old wives tales, with no direct experience of any of it.
Add in the fact that if you're making your own fem beans then you ain't lining the breeders pockets too and the misinformation just grows, especially from the big boys with more to lose.

I can only go by my own experience and others I trust not to be complete gobshites.

I like these plants and am continually amazed at their will to reproduce. It take the term "go fuck yourself" to a whole new level. :lol:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:26 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:45 pm

Ill save this book Soma is a don :nice:. But what he's on about is rodilization which is when plant tries reproducing at end of its days very late after real flowering times are done, so you let it happen naturally, you use that pollen collected on another female plant and that pollen will produce s1 or selfed fem beans. Pretty standard old school way of making fem beans unlike using colloidal silver or gibberellins but Soma is real old school and does it natural way, he does wait a long time for rodilization to occur at times what i read without stressing them out. Rodilization produces balls to collect pollen from to produce fems like a true hermie they dont always produce nanners, i think again :lol:

But when it happens mid grow with nanners what i read it said its more stress related usually caused by grower or shit like too mucvh light or heat and if that then pollinates same plant odds are you`ll get a similar typo hermie. I think that's what i read anyhow. 8-)
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Are you planning another seed run @Marcus any time soon ? Been thinking about doing it myself for a while now to make some fem beans. I have a whole wardrobe space to do it in. Maybe later in the year 8-) So have you ever used colloidal silver or gibberellins, me wonders which way is best route out of those two, suppose that's more reading, no wonder i wear reading glasses nowadays.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm
rodilization
That's the word. I think the pics in his book shows nanners and I'm sure I read an interview with him saying how much he loves the nanners. That's a bad copy of it, I'll try find a better one.

I've never done fems Jimbo, only if something secretly hermies on me and when I run the "regs" I get all chicks! :lol:

Last seed run I did I'm pulling out of bud this last few nights... I open pollinated the CBD Crew Sweet n Sour Widows I had left. 1:1 THC:CBD at about 10% each I think. Really makes me not here kinda weed. I lose time with it. Very floaty.

Just shout if you want any.

Oh and I'm going to did deeper in them Pine Tar Gush from Tony Green I f2'd... Looks like Tony's f2s are testing real high for THCV and CBD according to him and his pal who crossed it originally.
But see, them are from GG lines which was bagseed from a hermie... so 99% should also hermie according to the internet... huh??? :lol:

See also the clear pots myth is bad for canna.... can't pot up an auto... yadda yadda yadda.

:lol:

You have anything interesting in your bean tin you are thinking about doing the fem run with?

I know Dex has used cs for fems, he may be worth picking his brains. My brains are scrambled at the moment.

:running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:45 pm

This looks to be a good read, Cheers
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:53 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:03 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”