Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

EC extraction fan recommendations

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Treetrunk
Respected Member

EC extraction fan recommendations

Post by Treetrunk »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 6 inch EC fan?
I've been using an AC infinity which isn't bad but it's my lads and needs to go back.
I like the look of the metal cased one's.
I know they can be quite expensive but save a load of electricity and pay for themselves in the long run.
Hit me with the ones I should be looking at. Thanks in advance :thanks:
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
Growmie (Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:02 pm) • biosynthetic (Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:42 am)

Growmie

Re: EC extraction fan recommendations

Post by Growmie »

I can't really help you there mate, but I love my ACinfinity 6", personally I'd say stick with one of those!
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
Treetrunk (Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:38 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I've got a silenced ec revolution vector v2 and enviro controller v2. It's good, silent and powerful but the combo costs too much. I've had a silenced hyperfan aswel which was also good, if you get ine make sure you get the v2 cus the v1's crap out early on and then work intermittently (surf the forums for info on that). If I was to be looking now I reckon I'd plump for the AC infinity and controller although I've never had one because if their price. Either that or I'd buy a hyperfan or revolution vector and sling it in a diy box and save some pennies. Phonic trap ducting is GOOD.
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Treetrunk (Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:40 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

I use a Phresh hyperfan, turned down to almost being off and it's silent and still produces great negative pressure! Can also get the silenced version but I think there alot pricier and massive!
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:39 pm) • Nom (Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:37 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Nom wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:53 pm
I've got a silenced ec revolution vector v2 and enviro controller v2. It's good, silent and powerful but the combo costs too much. I've had a silenced hyperfan aswel which was also good, if you get ine make sure you get the v2 cus the v1's crap out early on and then work intermittently (surf the forums for info on that). If I was to be looking now I reckon I'd plump for the AC infinity and controller although I've never had one because if their price. Either that or I'd buy a hyperfan or revolution vector and sling it in a diy box and save some pennies. Phonic trap ducting is GOOD.
The 6 inch is £150ish with the thermostat or about 100 with a speed controller. Didn't think that was too bad.
The metal case one's seems to be in £250 bracket.
I'm using the AC infinity 150 with the thermostat which is way out :idn:
Also the unit itself leaks. You need to duct tape the joins. After that it is a good piece of kit. At least the fan case won't leak with a metal case. That's gonna save 50p of duct tape :lol:

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Treetrunk wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Nom wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:53 pm
The 6 inch is £150ish with the thermostat or about 100 with a speed controller. Didn't think that was too bad.
The metal case one's seems to be in £250 bracket.
I'm using the AC infinity 150 with the thermostat which is way out :idn:
Also the unit itself leaks. You need to duct tape the joins. After that it is a good piece of kit. At least the fan case won't leak with a metal case. That's gonna save 50p of duct tape :lol:
If was buying an AC infinity fan save yourself £50 and don't bother with the thermostat model. The temperature and humidity sensor is miles out on mine.

Finchmad_79
Known User

Post by Finchmad_79 »

You can calibrate the temp and humidity ( if needed ) so it is online with other temp/ humidity sensors.
These users thanked the author Finchmad_79 for the post (total 2):
Guest (Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:11 pm) • Treetrunk (Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:41 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

:agree:
Finchmad_79 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:40 pm
You can calibrate the temp and humidity ( if needed ) so it is online with other temp/ humidity sensors.
:i agree:

I was looking at the AC infinity to replace my can-fan when I set my new grow space up and I remember reading you can calibrate the probe kit.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Treetrunk (Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:41 am)

Post by Guest »

I'm using quite a fee different types. The rhino seems very good for price so far with a built in probe.

I sod the calibration and just go with a couple of cheaper sensors inside the tent.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Treetrunk (Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:50 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

That's probably reason. I didn't calibrate it. Cock 😃

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”