Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Athena nutrients?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
RewisL19

Athena nutrients?

Post by RewisL19 »

Hi guys, quick question.

Does anyone use, or know anyone that uses the Athena nutrients? I’m really interested in they’re blended line. I follow them on Instagram and all the big grow companies that use their products and the grows look amazing. I know the environmental side of things are spot on, same goes for the light. But the end product bud looks top quality.

My only issue is they recommend a super high EC, up to about 3.0EC?! That’s crazy since I’m feeding at 1.3EC max in flower with my canna nutrients and that’s more than enough for the plants.

Cheers guys, I hope someone can shed some light on these for me
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:13 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
ncrypta.core
Known User

Re: Athena nutrients?

Post by ncrypta.core »

Hey @RewisL19
Me and @Hydro use Athena blended, I'm in coco using dippers, and he is in dwc. For me I wouldn't change from them, I'm only using their bloom side btw and cleanse, but I only use cleanse now for cleaning my tent etc and final flush, the reason behind this is the guys from power si are recommended h&g drip clean instead as cleanse kills everything. I use Tribus you see and if combined with cleanse would be a waste of money.

With the 3EC you don't really need to go that high but if you are running high ppfd then sure, the best way is letting the plant do the talking,

PH under by .5 then more likely its hungry, more the .5 overfed. Same with EC more than 1 under its hungry more than +1 too much food

I believe its a coco/rockwool thing as on the website it says

Coco Coir
Fully inert coco tends to lock up initial doses of minerals, leaving the plants potentially deficient in early stages. A good practice is to charge the media before transplant with a higher dosage—week four Grow or Bloom is usually a good target. Experienced growers often find plants can take higher dosages in coco (up to 3.0 EC), depending on irrigation frequency.

but they have changed their feeding guide to only include their heavy feeding one as they used to have 3 different ones

here is the link to the old feeding guide which includes their light version
https://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/product ... ad?did=148
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 3):
RewisL19 (Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:46 am) • Nom (Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:10 pm) • Tom642 (Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Athena nutrients?

Post by 2-Scoops »

RewisL19 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:56 pm
My only issue is they recommend a super high EC, up to about 3.0EC?! That’s crazy since I’m feeding at 1.3EC max in flower with my canna nutrients and that’s more than enough for the plants.
That shouldn`t matter at all, most fert makers recommend give quite a bit more ferts than we actually give and really 3.0ec isn`t called for on any weed plant the sizes we grow indoors in smaller pots and such like. All shop bought branded ferts will do you a decent or similar jobby these days. But yes just use your regular fert ec`s and as Ncrypta says above just let plant do talking, basically if it looks slightly hungry give a bit more.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Nom (Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:10 pm) • ncrypta.core (Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:02 pm) • Tom642 (Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”