Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Budget insulation around the tent?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Budget insulation around the tent?

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm
Tube heaters are not worth a wank BTW.
Agree with their, well ya except in my cutting/seedling wardrobe which dosen`t have extraction, but it was bought for the flowering cupboard and did squat diddly do or fuck all in Ingleesh.

On your extraction @Benjic93 if your drawing air in from same room tent is in, then maybe extract into that room but cus heat rises and it will escape out of gaps in sheds around roof edges and such like where you say gaps are, maybe set your extraction ducting from a lower hole on tent around ground level on piss at an angle so warm air bounces around or off outhouse walls, as it rises kinda thing.

if its possible set inlet duct near that warm air, what with heat rising and all that shit. I`m not saying it will solve problem but surly it will help a wee bit more and every little helps or so i here. Only problem i can see and tbh i doubt it will be one, will be recirculating the possibly humid air at times, but give it a try and keep eye on humidity and temps see what goes once set.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:06 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:55 pm
IMO wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:08 pm
Have you got your extractor on full blast?, just that even if you have the best insulation money can buy if you sucking that much air out of the tent all the cold airs going back in, i find having a fan controller on to slow the fan down and also a timer to turn that fan on and off on for 5 minutes off for 15 or something like that works well to keep the heat up.
Ye I have a fan controller. Its a digital hyperfan. Turned almost all the way down. Just enough for negative pressure. I guess i have to bring in fresh air either way and the air is about 3c atm outside. I'm just going to have to wait until it warms up I think. Sitting on a ton of beans aswell :(
Run light 24/7 and grow auto`s through winter, like Vador mentioned i think. Lights on temps are sound at 20c to grow shit loadsa buddage. :nice:
That might have to be the plan maybe. I thought 20c was on the lower side of growing. I was thinking I need the tent more towards 25-27c. Especially with autos. They need perfection from the get go 🙄 I'm going to have to figure something out. No way can I hold out 4/5 months
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:14 pm
Hopefully this works if not i can split it up.

If you require a further break down just drop me a message.

Stay Lifted and good luck with it.

ASG
:oh-shit: dam what a design! Thankyou for that! Need to break that down and give it a go!
Ancient.Soul.Grown (Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:23 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:20 pm
That might have to be the plan maybe. I thought 20c was on the lower side of growing
12c to 15c or 15c and lower is low. 20c is cock on and plants will grow grand plants for ya`s, ok its not bang on but cock on works great. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Vador (Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:25 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:
Are you pulling air from outside into the shed?

I was in a brick built garage for ages, I insulated the door with kingspan and just vented and drew air in/from the garage. 1kw oil radiator turned to 500w, on an inkbird controller, probe in the tent and the oil rad outside the tent with my ducting taped to it. When I had room it went in the tent, with a fan blowing through it.

Looking at your set up, I'd just grab a couple of sheets of 50mm kingspan, cut them to size and just balance them on themselves around the tent. You can take them with you when you move then. Stick a radiator inbetween the kingspan and the tent. Job done.

Yeh I'm pulling air from the shed. The shed pretty much has same temps and outside. It's poorly insulated. Small gaps above the door. So it's cold. Having the 400w hps on 24hr seems to keep the tent between 19/20c. I was thinking about the kingspan. Didnt know how well they worked. I usually watered from the side windows of the tent but If I go down that route I'll have to create a door or something for the front of the tent 🤔 just don't have a lot of room to work with because those dam metal beams on the roof. The tent is stuck in the place.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:18 pm
Marcus wrote:
Agree with their, well ya except in my cutting/seedling wardrobe which dosen`t have extraction, but it was bought for the flowering cupboard and did squat diddly do or fuck all in Ingleesh.

On your extraction @Benjic93 if your drawing air in from same room tent is in, then maybe extract into that room but cus heat rises and it will escape out of gaps in sheds around roof edges and such like where you say gaps are, maybe set your extraction ducting from a lower hole on tent around ground level on piss at an angle so warm air bounces around or off outhouse walls, as it rises kinda thing.

if its possible set inlet duct near that warm air, what with heat rising and all that shit. I`m not saying it will solve problem but surly it will help a wee bit more and every little helps or so i here. Only problem i can see and tbh i doubt it will be one, will be recirculating the possibly humid air at times, but give it a try and keep eye on humidity and temps see what goes once set.
That actually sounds like a plan. Might give that a go. Have spare ducting lying around for it. Might look a mess but it might just help 🤔
2-Scoops (Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:30 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Get a 600w bulb for the HPS, that'll get the temps up more. £25 and it's done! :running-around: :lol:

Does your ballast go up to 600W? Is it an electronic one?

I'd think about upping the bulb if you;re worried 20*C is too low and just running a tent full of autos. Give them 4 hours darkness in the middle of the day to save a few quid when it starts warming up too, towards the end of flower.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:58 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm
Get a 600w bulb for the HPS, that'll get the temps up more. £25 and it's done! :running-around: :lol:

I'd think about upping the bulb if you;re worried 20*C is too low and just running a tent full of autos. Give them 4 hours darkness in the middle of the day to save a few quid when it starts warming up too, towards the end of flower.
Ye it does go up to 600w. Didnt know if that'll be am overkill for for a 3x3. Think of the electric bill! How do people fund this!! Lol
Marcus (Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:12 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:

Just turned it on at 600w. I'll leave it 24hr see what temps are like through the night 🤞 tried avoiding 600w but I'll see how it gets on

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:16 pm
Marcus wrote:

Just turned it on at 600w. I'll leave it 24hr see what temps are like through the night 🤞 tried avoiding 600w but I'll see how it gets on
Is the bulb a 600watt one?

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”