Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Budget insulation around the tent?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Benjic93

Re: Budget insulation around the tent?

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:44 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:55 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Easiest fix is to just run auto`s under a 600hps on 24/7 lighting, sorted, no need for owt else, i would think that should keep room warm enough, obviously im not totally sure on that, but im near as dam it sure cus those lights kick out some serious heat. :nice:
Thats the last resort for me. They kick out heat but also kick out a huge leccy bill. Especially if running 24/7. I ran them for 24hr the other day to get an idea of environment and it sat at around 24c I think. That was with temps outside being around 5c. Hopefully it won't go to far into the minuses.
Room insulated or not during winter months I still would think you will prolly still need a heater of some sort in their for dark periods growing outside and those fuckers eat juice as well man, i use a 600 watter oil filled rad growing indoors and red dot thingi on leccy box is always flashing like mad. A bit ying n yang`y in it cus both cost fortunes.
Yes exactly mate, mines a 2000kw heater. Flick of a switch and it's a 600w but gives off barely any heat. If I need to scratch my growing itch I'll just have to grow autos with my 600w hps. Using led with insulation I could imagine I'll need a heater regardless. Especially when it hits the minuses around Jan.
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:00 pm) • duke (Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:16 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes i got a similar heater oil filled rad lots of different setting Benji. Best heater i find kicks out shit loads of heat are those small fan heaters but im too paranoid to add one in my grow area now what with the area being really small 110cm x 55cm and plants take all that, but i bought one of these initially for a bigger grow area it does 1000w or 2000watts and clicks off when you reach set temp. I use it in bedroom now for ten minutes before bed if I've been out and house is cold, cus it sure heats shit up fast compared to household rads. But yes that leccy sure int cheap now.

These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
duke (Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:16 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Yea im using a 800w Fan heater like that. work a treat but boy oh boy if you get it wrong you can turn things crispy REAL fast lol
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
Benjic93 (Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:33 am)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”