Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Old Timers Grow now smells of ammonia.

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Old Timers Grow now smells of ammonia.

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I was going to give my plants a little boost by giving them some Old Timers Grow. I poured some out into a cup to enable me to use a syringe. Boy does it stink of ammonia. I didn't use it and I've ordered some fresh grow and bloom.

No idea what caused it to turn like that as I've had older bottles of it in the past and they never changed like that.

I had similar with Maxicrop Seaweed but that stank of sulphur instead.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Nom
Known User

Re: Old Timers Grow now smells of ammonia.

Post by Nom »

Contaminated at some point I'd say and being broken down by bacteria/fungi/algae the smell is a byproduct of that. Where did you keep it mate? When you pour it out does it have any amorphous material suspended in it?
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Old Timers Grow now smells of ammonia.

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Nom wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:13 am
Contaminated at some point I'd say and being broken down by bacteria/fungi/algae the smell is a byproduct of that. Where did you keep it mate? When you pour it out does it have any amorphous material suspended in it?
Hi mate,

It's kept where it's always kept - in a cool cupboard in the kitchen away from light. There's nothing suspended in it. I guess it must be old stock when I purchased it and it's almost a year old when I (going to) start using it for this grow.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Budgie (Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:40 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”