Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient deficiency i.d

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Nastyhabitz_

Nutrient deficiency i.d

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

Can anyone help me out with whats up with my plants pls , most of the nodes are going a lime yellow colour from the inside out, a run down of my set is.

Canna coco
Canna coco ab at 1.4 ec
3 cmh 315w lights rougly 2 feet away
Ph 5.8 -6.0

The root zone is in really poor condition and the main stems feel wobbly, i recently battled fungus gnats Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duke
Respected Member

Re: Nutrient deficiency i.d

Post by duke »

Nastyhabitz_ wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:28 pm
Can anyone help me out with whats up with my plants pls , most of the nodes are going a lime yellow colour from the inside out, a run down of my set is.

Canna coco
Canna coco ab at 1.4 ec
Ph 5.8 -6.0

The root zone is in really poor condition and the main stems feel wobbly, i recently battled fungus gnats Image

hi buddy if you have fungus gnats the larvae will have munched out on the roots,have you treated the plant to rid it of the larvae? there are several products ive used one called gnatrol and another called gnat off either work but even then it may take several weeks for roots to regrow,tbh from your photos the foliage doesnt look to bad and id expect the main stem to be a bit wobbly till roots regrow,insect pests do more damage than is obviously visible esp in the root zone,so id say you have a general feeding def not any individual def and only time will fix this good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Nastyhabitz_ (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Nastyhabitz_

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

duke wrote:
Nastyhabitz_ wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Canna coco
Canna coco ab at 1.4 ec
Ph 5.8 -6.0

hi buddy if you have fungus gnats the larvae will have munched out on the roots,have you treated the plant to rid it of the larvae? there are several products ive used one called gnatrol and another called gnat off either work but even then it may take several weeks for roots to regrow,tbh from your photos the foliage doesnt look to bad and id expect the main stem to be a bit wobbly till roots regrow,insect pests do more damage than is obviously visible esp in the root zone,good luck
Cheers mate , i was recommended a product last week called pyrthium 5 ec i used that on the root zone, ive not seen any gnats since applying it , i was unsure if the gnats caused this deficiency or wether it was related to the food i use

These users thanked the author Nastyhabitz_ for the post:
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:32 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I think you may find that's standard practice with lots of different strains ie: the newer growth is a lot lighter pale looking green and as they age they green up quite a bit more. Basically i wouldn`t sweat it too much unless shit starts turning dead necrotic looking @Nastyhabitz_

A good root drench with neem oil and water mix will wipe out most if not all living shit in your soil, done twice over a week the plant will become by protected taking on the neem oil system properties. Its great used as a preventative as well to any bugs used this way
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 pm) • Nastyhabitz_ (Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:30 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”