Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Bloom enhancers / sugars

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Re: Bloom enhancers / sugars

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Robot wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm
For any ideas how to get mor taste and weight i would appreciate it.
Personally....the ways I have increased weight reliably is through (1) upgrading my lights (no idea what lights you use) and (2) switching to coco from soil. Now this last point is continually debated, I don't have a dog in the fight. But i will say from my own personal anecdotal evidence, switching from soil to coco gave me about a 3rd more yield (estimate). Honestly there's a very good chance I was a shit soil grower, so that's why my yeilds improved when I went from soil to coco. I use different compost teas and tricks (I put worm casting and sheep pellets in my coco) to try and improve the flavor of my coco flowers. Also look into adding aminos acids if you aren't already.

Best of luck
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:25 am) • 2-Scoops (Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:43 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Robot wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm
Whats about to giving the soil more sugars ? I thought on advanced nutrients - carboload. Some people say it works better and quicker than molasses itself
In theory yes the sugars in Carboload are just simple carbs and they are available to plant more or less straight from off unlike molasses or summink like honey which are more complex carbs and need breaking down a bit in your medium firstly.

Carboload is just a mix of simple sugars, if you wanting a simple carb booster I'd maybe be looking at dextrose that bodybuilders use its simplest of all carbs and again in theory plant should be able to uptake that easiest. It`s summink I've used a lot of in times gone by later in bloom. Tis said fructose for taste which is another simple carb. Summink I've used lots in past as a carb booster is another nearly simple carb called "tate & lyle white table sugar" which is dextrose and fructose combined to create sucrose as is any white table sugar. You can separate both those elements cooking or simmering them off in lemon juice but i never did, i just dissolved a level teaspoon per liter in warm water and slung it in my tank. I might do the carb thing again later in bloom myself now i seen this cus i have a full sack of dextrose/glucose (both same thing and cheap as owt ) on side in kitchen doing feck all these days.

One thing you will notice if you have a tank full of organic ferts bubbling away, man it will sure get a frothy look on top after a day or two as the sugars feed the microbes and proper come to life. Sometimes feeding simple or complex carbs into a pot full of organic soil which is full of microbes can send them into a feed frenzy or so i was told, basically it helps activate/feed microbes .
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
flip (Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:58 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

That's what I've used lately. Can't say it changed the flavour of a straing I've grown for years. I'd say maybe it made it smell stronger and could clearly see increased terpene production.
It's called Sugar Rush and it does say it's 100% organic. I've managed to get it on a good price, but I doubt I'd buy it again I have to pay the price displayed.

https://www.growell.co.uk/nutrients-boo ... ml#464=849

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”