Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Thoughts on bwst time to defol/lollipop?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Benjic93

Re: Thoughts on bwst time to defol/lollipop?

Post by Benjic93 »

Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 pm
They look spot on.
Thankyou mate 🙏

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I lollipop a bit of bottom away during veg once more for ease of watering but i lollipop up to bottom 3rd away without causing too much stress in one go at 2 weeks into 12/12, but would do it at 3 weeks in if i could get in to do it so usually at 2 weeks, if i defoliate and i sometimes do and sometimes don't (tbh ive noticed a difference really either way in end result) but i do that after stretch if over at 3weeks into bloom and again around 6 or 7 weeks into bloom
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Benjic93 (Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm
I lollipop a bit of bottom away during veg once more for ease of watering but i lollipop up to bottom 3rd away without causing too much stress in one go at 2 weeks into 12/12, but would do it at 3 weeks in if i could get in to do it so usually at 2 weeks, if i defoliate and i sometimes do and sometimes don't (tbh ive noticed a difference really either way in end result) but i do that after stretch if over at 3weeks into bloom and again around 6 or 7 weeks into bloom

Ye watering as awkward at the minute. We'll I'm just into 2weeks of flower now so maybe I'll lollipop abit next week? Growth has just come out of no where. I gave them a slight lollipop and defol before flipping but it's just come back twice as much lol.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

I always try and do mine as early as possible and preferably before I see crowning. I want to do a little experimenting with defoliation next year. I've always defoliated in the past but just recently I've been reading some stuff and want to try and remove aa little as possible. Apparently, a leaf has about a 60 day curve where production peaks then falls off and then the plant sheds those leaves as they age. I want to do a little comparison between the two to see if removing the leaves helps or not.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Benjic93 (Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:23 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
Benjic93 (Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:04 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

JJ wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:57 pm
Check this out
https://youtu.be/F5W5t3T8pCg
Great video, saving that for the next round. Unfortunately I'm past that stage so I've fucked up? Lol

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Benjic93 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:05 pm
JJ wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:57 pm
Check this out
https://youtu.be/F5W5t3T8pCg
Great video, saving that for the next round. Unfortunately I'm past that stage so I've fucked up? Lol
Chad has different video too,,,good luck,I think it will all work out in the end,,

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Ye watering as awkward at the minute. We'll I'm just into 2weeks of flower now so maybe I'll lollipop abit next week? Growth has just come out of no where. I gave them a slight lollipop and defol before flipping but it's just come back twice as much lol.
That's more or less how i do it mate. Don't be scared to whip shit loads away in one go, it`s no biggi. Why i like doimg at 3 weeks in is cus you know where you stand with plant when growing has more or less stopped or slowed to a crawl, so you know where you stand kinda stuff.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Benjic93 (Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:24 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I do day 7 and day 21. I don't go mad unless I'm experimenting. Just so all tops are getting light.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
Benjic93 (Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:24 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:20 pm
I do day 7 and day 21. I don't go mad unless I'm experimenting. Just so all tops are getting light.
I snipped some at the top at the start of flower but they just come back with a vengeance. Just too scared to go over the top. Don't want to stress my girls
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:43 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”