Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Advanced nutrients Question

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TommyT
Known User

Advanced nutrients Question

Post by TommyT »

Hi Party People!
I normally use Dyno-Gro but I am planning on trying Advanced nutrients.
I will be growing in soil and hand watering. I will also add Blackstrap molasses and mycorrhizal fungi periodically.
By the sounds of it from other questions people have asked. The general consensus is to start out slow with new nutrients and work into it.
So... instead of spending a bunch of money on stuff I don't need here is what I'm planning to get.
Advanced nutrients:
pH Perfect® Micro
pH Perfect® Grow
pH Perfect® Bloom
Big Bud®
Overdrive®

According to the website. With the hobbyist level I should add:
B-52 Fertilizer Booster for vitamins
Voodoo Juice for the roots

Any ideas on if I need those two above or if I need anything else?

TIA
Tommy
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Advanced nutrients Question

Post by 2-Scoops »

TommyT wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:04 pm
B-52 Fertilizer Booster for vitamins
Voodoo Juice for the roots
Molasses and seaweed juice both full of goodies like vits and more at a fraction cost.
TommyT wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:04 pm
Big Bud®
Overdrive®
Seems to me like 2 pricey boosts doing same jobby. "Use in beginning of flowering and drop this for that one" don`t make me laugh, a nice little earner if i ever seen one, but who am i. Green Planets > Massive is a decent similar type boost at a fraction cost. Then again if your doing the ph perfect thing. Be alot cheaper to buy a £5`ver ph pen and some up and down ph`R .

Are you insistent on using Advanced ferts ?
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
TommyT (Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 pm
Not really. I've seen that they are good but expensive. So I wanted to try something good then compare. Are they really that good? :idn:
But I already have the:
1 liter - pH Perfect® Micro
1 liter - pH Perfect® Grow
1 liter - pH Perfect® Bloom
250 ml - Overdrive®

I was also looking at some nutrients from https://www.kelp4less.com/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

TommyT wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:06 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 pm
Not really. I've seen that they are good but expensive. So I wanted to try something good then compare. Are they really that good? :idn:
But I already have the:
1 liter - pH Perfect® Micro
1 liter - pH Perfect® Grow
1 liter - pH Perfect® Bloom
250 ml - Overdrive®

I was also looking at some nutrients from https://www.kelp4less.com/
They all do same job believe I've tried shit loads i now buy cheapest bottle base ferts usually Canna or Vitalink, but you`ll not notice a difference in end result at all you can buy very similar boosts etc a lot cheaper, that's straight from horses mouth as saying goes. If you`ve got them then cool get them used mate. But don't go crazy buying this and that from those conning fuckers, they only out to get your money. I've been looking at these guys for future purchases, i already bought their triacontanol booster which out of interest is in those 2 boosts you mention but 2ml to 10 liters. Anyhow get them used up. https://www.theplantgrowthcompany.com

I like silicon/silica/silicone/whatever and use cheapest again which is Growth Technology and i also like using fulvic acid but that`s got too pricey recently so they can fuck off and on a brighter note the organic guys who sponsor this place have started selling it at a fraction the cost.

End of shift some A&B base ferts and some pk13/14 will rock it up for you and grow monster buds as big as anything else. Maybe I'm getting old and too set in my ways. :rock:
TommyT (Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm)

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:30 pm
A&B base ferts and some pk13/14
When you say A&B base ferts. That's basically what these are. Right?
pH Perfect® Micro
pH Perfect® Grow
pH Perfect® Bloom

I don't really get what pk13/14 are though.
Is that what this is? https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/bud-hardener/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

TommyT wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:37 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:30 pm
A&B base ferts and some pk13/14
When you say A&B base ferts. That's basically what these are. Right?
pH Perfect® Micro
pH Perfect® Grow
pH Perfect® Bloom

I don't really get what pk13/14 are though.
Is that what this is? https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/bud-hardener/
They`re similar but 3 part ferts A&B are 2 part ferts and instead of the micro nuts, you usually get A&B that has all that in and does both bloom and veg. Tbh I'm a bit dubious if they will do what they say on packet ie: "ph perfect" . You coulda prolly got away just buying bloom and micro to do the whole grow, but hey tis no sweat now you got them.

PK13/14 is just that a pk boost thats cheap as owt and not overpriced like some, i think hammerhead by Advanced is a pk boost x5 times price, but you can use pk boost alongside vit/hormone/carbs etc type boosts (overdrive, big bud, canna boost and Green Planet > massive amongst many more) all contain lets call it the magic ingredient triacontanol and come under same banner, if you feel need to use them.
TommyT (Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:06 pm)

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

I was looking up triacontanol and look what I found.
Lol from the same company kelp4less.

These users thanked the author TommyT for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm)

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

i've used Advanced Nuts long time ago before but i'm no expert.

B52- i believe the b52 is B1 and possible one of two acids or both: humic and fulvic acids , i use B1 vitamin and the acid components increase nutrient absorption and aid beneficial soil microbes so good. don't quote me on b52 having extra acids.

Voodoo juice- i think is just bacteria and more than likely more nitrogen, you may already have this in your soil, but still good stuff. you could bubble worm castings as well for bacteria. a carb load would be good too, sure AN sells a carb additive to feed microbes.

when i used AN i mixed in the extras on my own like 2 scoops suggested. but now i'm changing from that mixing approach and believe using what ever AN(or any nutrient company) suggests. when using any companies nutrients if you mix and match i believe you may also be leaving something else out by mistake. each company do there own ideas and you won't know what combinations they decided to mix together or not and might accidently leave something out mixing and matching. ******** this is just my opinion, do as you think best********************

they also have a mixing order for micro,grow,bloom . forget what it is but i always mix the higher nitrogen numbers first. ******* just my way of doing it, do what you think best.********

**** warning, these are just my opinions, many people have there ways of doing nutrients, what ever works for you is best way***********
These users thanked the author Mustang92 for the post (total 2):
TommyT (Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:09 am) • 2-Scoops (Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

TommyT wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:17 pm
I was looking up triacontanol and look what I found.
Lol from the same company kelp4less.

Yes but tis more aimed at organic growers so may take a good while to break down before plant can use it, you can just buy things like rabbit or cattle feed pellets (alfalfa pellets) and smash them up and mix in same way, it will do exact same thing, me wonders how much a shed load of rabbit alfalfa meal pellet's are a sack full from pet shop. I use this it goes a very long way and use at 1 to 2ml per 10liters and cheap as chips. https://www.theplantgrowthcompany.com/i ... UD-BOOSTER
Mustang92 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:02 pm
i've used Advanced Nuts long time ago before but i'm no expert.

B52- i believe the b52 is B1 and possible one of two acids or both: humic and fulvic acids , i use B1 vitamin and the acid components increase nutrient absorption and aid beneficial soil microbes so good. don't quote me on b52 having extra acids.

Voodoo juice- i think is just bacteria and more than likely more nitrogen, you may already have this in your soil, but still good stuff. you could bubble worm castings as well for bacteria. a carb load would be good too, sure AN sells a carb additive to feed microbes.

when i used AN i mixed in the extras on my own like 2 scoops suggested. but now i'm changing from that mixing approach and believe using what ever AN(or any nutrient company) suggests. when using any companies nutrients if you mix and match i believe you may also be leaving something else out by mistake. each company do there own ideas and you won't know what combinations they decided to mix together or not and might accidently leave something out mixing and matching. ******** this is just my opinion, do as you think best********************

they also have a mixing order for micro,grow,bloom . forget what it is but i always mix the higher nitrogen numbers first. ******* just my way of doing it, do what you think best.********

**** warning, these are just my opinions, many people have there ways of doing nutrients, what ever works for you is best way***********
Black strap molasses contains vitamin b6 and fulvic and kelp (seaweed juice) b1 and b2 and humic acids, you could get a liter of both for under a £10`ner or their about and use them once or twice weekly and both contain many more different vitamins, minerals and much more, will last you a lifetime, that`s a fact. They just want your cash and try filling us with flannel by talking shit. Maybe take some cutts and do a run using base ferts only after doing a grow with all snake oils they try to sell us all. See what difference is in end results hey, kinda do a comparison.
TommyT (Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:47 pm)

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

I think Big Mike loves Big Mike, and talking about Big Mike is his favourite hobby.
These users thanked the author Mustang92 for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”