Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Photoperiods that are autos

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
RewisL19

Photoperiods that are autos

Post by RewisL19 »

Hi guys, has anyone ever had a Photoperiod actually turn out to be a Autoflower?

I’m running 5 x Growers Choice - Rainbow Runtz and 2 have turned auto. I’m quite confused as it’s usually autos being photos lol. I have emailed them about 2 weeks ago and have since not heard anything back. Here’s one of the plants,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Keeno (Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:46 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Photoperiods that are autos

Post by Keeno »

Ghost93 wrote:Hi guys, has anyone ever had a Photoperiod actually turn out to be a Autoflower?

I’m running 5 x Growers Choice - Rainbow Runtz and 2 have turned auto. I’m quite confused as it’s usually autos being photos lol. I have emailed them about 2 weeks ago and have since not heard anything back. Here’s one of the plants,

I've not seen this personally but it's unusual to see breeders use autos in a photo period strain to reduce flowering times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
RewisL19 (Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:21 pm)

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Hummm... Most intreaguing, maybe it's quite about time to consider thinking "out of the box", for example:

This is assuming a "day" that ain't actually 24 hours; in this present illustration 4 + 12 = 16 hours only, spread between a trio of independent yet simultaneous experiments (in an effort to synchronize power transitions to render them invisible in the time-domain).

Too bad most of the rest remains hypothetical, though i still expect perhaps someday we'll realize that artificial "nights" don't really need to be as long as they are made now. YMMV, IMO comparative sessions might help "clear" the matter a little bit, if i may say so...

Of course that would require genetics not prove to turn hermaphrodite until triggered intentionally.

These users thanked the author Egzoset for the post:
RewisL19 (Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 pm)
Vaporist of Borg.

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

Keeno wrote:
Ghost93 wrote:Hi guys, has anyone ever had a Photoperiod actually turn out to be a Autoflower?

I've not seen this personally but it's unusual to see breeders use autos in a photo period strain to reduce flowering times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yeah it’s proper confused me. I germinated all 7 that I had from growers choice and kept the best 5. Vegged on 24/0 and at first I thought they were really mature and wanted the flip until I noticed it was actually buds forming. Cocked everything up

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”