Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Advice on keeping my girls happy? There not loving life.

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
duke
Respected Member

Re: Advice on keeping my girls happy? There not loving life.

Post by duke »

hi they dont look bad at all they do droop and need a few days to recover when repotted,one stand out to me is your low temps esp at lights out slows growth a lot,a small heater for lights out will encourage feeding also ensure a good breeze from fan so they dance this also helps them drink,be patient and maximize your climate.
best of green mojos,peace
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Benjic93 (Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:57 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:49 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:30 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:21 pm
I think that they might need a drink. That substrate looks too dry. Petioles are bending too.

How warm is the space (Lights on and off)?
Surely not, the soil surrounding the stalk is still wet. When I stick my finger in its still wet.

I fed them the day before transplanting and then gave them a small one after.

Lights off can be as low as 18c
Lights on can be between 20c - 24c
What's the substrate like in the rest of the pot?, those girls should be taking a full watering now.

Their roots will be wanting to stretch to meet water near the edge of the pot.

Personally I'd get the temps up to 28/30*C no less than 20 lights off, give the pot a run through and leave them alone for a week. :idn:

But stick your finger into the edge of the pot and see how dry it is. That's where I test.

:idn:
Ye to be honest after transplanting them I only watered around the stem and not the whole pot so the edges are pretty dry.

Appreciate the info, I'll give them a good feeding in the morning then and try leave them alone for a while and get these temps up. Bloody hard keeping temps up in the shed, dam oil rad costing me a fortune!
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
duke (Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:59 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

duke wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:53 pm
hi they dont look bad at all they do droop and need a few days to recover when repotted,one stand out to me is your low temps esp at lights out slows growth a lot,a small heater for lights out will encourage feeding also ensure a good breeze from fan so they dance this also helps them drink,be patient and maximize your climate.
Thankyou man, I plugged my oil rad into my inkbird today so should keep it more stable. Tried holding off because cost me a fortune on the last grow but I am noticing temps dropping lights out, Guess it's a must.

When reading up, places suggest temps to be about 20c - 25c lights on and a couple Celsius below while lights off. I new I was at the lower end but I though it woulda been ok... heater in now anyway.

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Sorry about that, I should’ve converted the temps and had a clue what the temps were. Ha. My bad.

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Benjic93 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 pm
duke wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:53 pm
Thankyou man, I plugged my oil rad into my inkbird today so should keep it more stable. Tried holding off because cost me a fortune on the last grow but I am noticing temps dropping lights out, Guess it's a must.

When reading up, places suggest temps to be about 20c - 25c lights on and a couple Celsius below while lights off. I new I was at the lower end but I though it woulda been ok... heater in now anyway.
hi i try to aim for anywhere in the 25-29 range 28c is best for leds though bloody hard to do as theres so little radiant heat from the led,i am a led grower in summer if we ever get one but stick to hps for the heat and have small tube heaters and thermo for lights out and average 22c and on 28-30c and do ok mostly,though i grow in drobes and there a little easier to keep climate stable as smaller space,garage grows are near as hard as lofts ime either to hot or to cold,hopefully the heater sorts them quick,good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:10 pm) • mostang64 (Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:40 am)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Don't stress the droopy leaves in veg too much mate. In veg (for non-autos) you can get away with treating your plants rough, they will bounce back just fine, provided they have correct nutrition & room variables. You only have to worry about hunhappy photos in flower period.

Autos, the sensitive little snowflakes that they are, are different. You gotta watch them like a hawk from the day they get their big girl leaves.

If your worried about plant health get some aloe Vera powder or coconut water/powder. I use "Groconut" . They both help heaps with transplant shock
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
Benjic93 (Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:09 am)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”