Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Seeds in my purple lemonade [emoji85]

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
HaydenR4238

Seeds in my purple lemonade [emoji85]

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Took a sample from the bottom of my purple lemonade auto today. I was cutting it up and found a lot of seeds are in it? Is it a hermie and should I remove it from my tent? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Seeds in my purple lemonade [emoji85]

Post by Keeno »

Yep that's a seed @HaydenR4238. It may not be that plant that's the issue. You want to very closely look over all plants in there. It could be a one-off, the chances of you finding the one-off seeded bud in the whole plant are slim but on a positive note once a plant is pollinated properly, as in pollen sacks opening all pistils that come into contact with pollen will go orange and begin to die off, similar to what you see at the end of flower. Looking at your pictures your plants are covered in white pistils and are continuing to produce them. This may not be full-on pollination if you get me.

Get in there and check over every plant.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
HaydenR4238 (Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:34 pm) • Wrh (Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:03 am)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi thats a bummer,being from the bottom of the plant suggests the nanas popped a good while ago and the rest will likely have seeds as well,all is not lost though they will still be smokable you just have to be patient and pick out the seeds or they go pop in a spliff!
i have seen many autos going hermei this season in uk has been so fucked up they just get confused and dont know what stage they meant to be at esp my outdoor autos been near a waste of time if the sun wasnt free light id not bother again.
best imo sticking to good old fashioned reliable tried and tested photoperiod genetics.
dont be blaming yourself though bud its unlikely anything you have done just nature,shes a bitch.peace
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:37 pm) • HaydenR4238 (Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:43 pm) • Wrh (Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:03 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Gone through both my plants and took some better pictures.

What would I get if I planted seeds from it?

Total pain though. First time I’ve ever had a seed from any plant let alone 5+ on a tiny branch!

Any risk to my dos si dos next to her? Would be devastated if the same thing happened to her! Nothing else going to fall back on.

I find autos easier when I’m growing outside in the garage. I can keep the lights on 24h and keep the temps up and stable that way. Gets pretty cold at night here Image

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Not taking any chances I’ve removed it from the tent, either need to find somewhere else for it or hang it up to dry. Leaning towards the latter. Just fed her nutrients yesterday too! Good 10 day hang dry and good cure and she might be okay. Gutted is an understatement! Had such high hopes for her!

On the plus side my Dos si dos was beginning to take over the tent anyway and Should thrive in its own space now.

These users thanked the author HaydenR4238 for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:24 pm) • Wrh (Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:04 am)

2Acres

Post by 2Acres »

HaydenR4238 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:49 pm
If that particular plant has self seeded, they would grow as the mother but would also carry the hermie/self seed gene. Not a bad thing, it's free seeds after all, just means the plant puts more energy into seeding than flowering.
These users thanked the author 2Acres for the post (total 2):
HaydenR4238 (Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:45 pm) • Wrh (Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 am)
completed diaries

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

2Acres wrote:
HaydenR4238 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:49 pm
If that particular plant has self seeded, they would grow as the mother but would also carry the hermie/self seed gene. Not a bad thing, it's free seeds after all, just means the plant puts more energy into seeding than flowering.
Cool! Well worth holding onto them then. Probably just plant them outside next season, they should come in handy either way!

These users thanked the author HaydenR4238 for the post (total 2):
2Acres (Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:13 pm) • Wrh (Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 am)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

I also found 2 seeds in my auto after finding bud rot on one bud. Finding them after I desected the bud . Was towards the end of cycle cut it down dur to having another auto in there that was in flower.didnt wanna take a chance not sure the reasons as to it happening
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post:
HaydenR4238 (Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:21 pm)

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Wayne36 wrote:I also found 2 seeds in my auto after finding bud rot on one bud. Finding them after I desected the bud . Was towards the end of cycle cut it down dur to having another auto in there that was in flower.didnt wanna take a chance not sure the reasons as to it happening
It’s a mystery to me as well mate. Possibly light stress as they’ve been on 24h since the get go. But as you say I wasn’t taking the chance either. Had to remove her! Not to fussed anymore was out of meds anyway

These users thanked the author HaydenR4238 for the post:
Wayne36 (Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:25 pm)

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

HaydenR4238 wrote:
Wayne36 wrote:I also found 2 seeds in my auto after finding bud rot on one bud. Finding them after I desected the bud . Was towards the end of cycle cut it down dur to having another auto in there that was in flower.didnt wanna take a chance not sure the reasons as to it happening
It’s a mystery to me as well mate. Possibly light stress as they’ve been on 24h since the get go. But as you say I wasn’t taking the chance either. Had to remove her! Not to fussed anymore was out of meds anyway

Her/him/it whatever it identifies as now lol

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”