Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

End of flowering light times.

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: End of flowering light times.

Post by 2-Scoops »

Mustang92 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:54 pm
your not adding cal/mag for plants your adding it for the coco, even in flower. the coco is constantly breaking down and even buffered coco you should add cal/mag.
You know ive been growing with coco man it must be close to 15 years now and not once have i had reason to use calmag.
Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 pm
I've heard that the flushing agent make's the weed taste of lemon.
More to the point what are actual flushing agents, chemicals or whatever ? :idn: Water only is your friend at that point nothing else. :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Treetrunk (Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:38 am) • ohlordyeah_420 (Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:44 am) • ncrypta.core (Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:08 pm) • Mustang92 (Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:25 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:20 pm
mind it’s like silca acid not needed after week 2 of flower unless your aiming for weight.
What's reason or idea behind not needing silica after first 2 weeks of bloom, is their a bonified reason for this ? I mean in all honesty its not needed at all although you can still smash out grow after grow hydro style without, as you`ll know. But I'm a big advocate of using silica myself, I think one I use is potassium silicate which is added into a big tank, ok yes I know its not silica acid, but I was wondering on reasoning behind cutting it out after 2 weeks on flower or is it just another hearsay theory. Tis a product I've used 10 to 15 years now right till I flush pots through before I put them on water only for a few weeks at back end of my grows.

What brand silica acid do you use as well mate ?

Cheers bud.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
ncrypta.core (Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:04 pm)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:06 pm
ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:20 pm
mind it’s like silca acid not needed after week 2 of flower unless your aiming for weight.
What's reason or idea behind not needing silica after first 2 weeks of bloom, is their a bonified reason for this ? I mean in all honesty its not needed at all although you can still smash out grow after grow hydro style without, as you`ll know. But I'm a big advocate of using silica myself, I think one I use is potassium silicate which is added into a big tank, ok yes I know its not silica acid, but I was wondering on reasoning behind cutting it out after 2 weeks on flower or is it just another hearsay theory. Tis a product I've used 10 to 15 years now right till I flush pots through before I put them on water only for a few weeks at back end of my grows.

What brand silica acid do you use as well mate ?

Cheers bud.
Thank you for your questions.

I'm using aptus regulator atm but going go with power si once it ran out, it's 0.15ml/l. If you double dip 0.3ml/l will slow down the stretch .
https://aptus-holland.com/products/plan ... regulator/
https://canopy-crop.com/powersi-silicic-acid/

Bought this a sold cant go back to potassium:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323567943702 ... f59267bb97

I first heard about this from capulator for those that don't know who he is, he the guy that brought the word mac1. I agree silica isn't really needed but very helpful, It's prob all bro-science as some say do it some say cut out week 7-8 and some say not at all.
Silica in flower adds toughness (Ever *Have* to reach for a grinder or scissors to break up flowers?) and diverts plant resources that should be producing terpenes and cannabinoids. The volatile aromatic compounds(terpenes, thiols and flavinoids) that make up the smells of cannabis are 90%+ synthesized from atmospheric gases, not plants sugars or nutrients.

example:
I used silicic acid for blues flowering and when she was done something that looked like 0.5g was like 1.2 1.3g, but there only one way to find out. If makes a difference.

Think this only really applies if your using SA. As when use PS wasn't rock hard at the end.

https://manicbotanix.com/silicon-in-hydroponics/

The difference in silica

[*]Potassium Silicate - Commonly used on crops like wheat, barley, sugarcane, and grapes. It is primarily used to prevent fungal growth.
[*]Silicon Dioxide - Referred to as Silica, it’s known for enhancing growth, allowing for thicker stems, strong resistance to fungal and bacterial diseases, enhancing overall growth and yield of any crops.
[*]Mono Silicic Acid - The crème de la crème of silicates, this is the only form of silicate that is bioavailable, providing all the benefits provided by silicates at a far quicker and more efficient rate.

Hope this makes sense if not let me know and ill send more info lol
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes cool @ncrypta.core i appreciate the detailed reply. So im gonna get me some SA when ive ran out of current stuff me thinks. You can get Si products that contain all 3 you mentioned, might even look at that, i mean when i first started using Si their was only Budlink around which i seem to remember contained all 3, might need to look into that product yet again to be sure, feck knows tbh but cheers mukka. :thanks:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
ncrypta.core (Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:47 pm)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

@2-Scoops No problem man. rather get more information out there than drips and draps.

yeah it's a bit expensive compared to PS like isn't it like £10 for a liter compare to £30 for 100ml SA but think it's worth as of this

0.05ml = 1 drop

Aptus Version:
0.15ML/L = 3 drops

The more well-known ones are aptus/power si and mills vitalize
https://mills-nutrients.com/en/vitalize/

Not sure if there is any difference in their bottles, PowerSI is the only one you can't at 100ml, and they do a bloom version which is meant to be used after stretch but need to research it more i mean the bloom version or even try it, but an expensive test.

Wouldn't the 3in1 one be even more expensive and I wouldn't know what benefit having all 3 in would be.?

Here is a video as well if you haven't seen it about silica

@Treetrunk Sorry for highjacking this thread to talk silica lol.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:52 pm) • Treetrunk (Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:56 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

I've tried a bunch of different things in the last 2 weeks. The 48hrs of dark, stem splitting, flushing agents, drought stressing (think there is benefit to this one) by not feeding for 24hrs etc.....but honestly now the only thing different I do for the last 2 weeks is feed straight water....that's it.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Josh (Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 am) • Treetrunk (Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:44 am)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 am
Mustang92 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:54 pm
your not adding cal/mag for plants your adding it for the coco, even in flower. the coco is constantly breaking down and even buffered coco you should add cal/mag.
You know ive been growing with coco man it must be close to 15 years now and not once have i had reason to use calmag.
Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:11 pm
I've heard that the flushing agent make's the weed taste of lemon.
More to the point what are actual flushing agents, chemicals or whatever ? :idn: Water only is your friend at that point nothing else. :oik!:
coco has cation exhange site on the fibre, the cation exchange sites in coco lock on to the Ca and Mg and render useless, why you buffer coco.
but coco is always breaking down with plant roots pushing through it exposing new area of the coco and new cation sites.

cheers mate, happy growing and smoking :roll:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”