Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Is filling space in flowering tent with autos worth the nutrients?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TheCloudyChef

Is filling space in flowering tent with autos worth the nutrients?

Post by TheCloudyChef »

So I have 3 plants just gone into flower but theres space in the tent so wondering is it worth the time and nutrients growing a few autos under 12/12?
I know the yield will be affected but would it be that affected it's a pointless idea?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post:
Mustang92 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:11 pm)

Wayne36
Known User

Re: Is filling space in flowering tent with autos worth the nutrients?

Post by Wayne36 »

TheCloudyChef wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:57 am
So I have 3 plants just gone into flower but theres space in the tent so wondering is it worth the time and nutrients growing a few autos under 12/12?
I know the yield will be affected but would it be that affected it's a pointless idea?

Hmmm I am not sure mate I dont think autos do well in 12/12 but I could be totally wrong I an doing autos for my first time doing 18/6 .. bit I have heard of people doing 20/4 18/6 and other tines maybe someone else who have better insite. Happy growing
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post (total 3):
Mustang92 (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:11 pm) • TheCloudyChef (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:44 pm) • Zipp (Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:32 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I'd just run some spare/freebie fem beans on 12/12 to fill the gaps. I run regs and always have space filling fems in a pot or two in case of more males than I want.

Some folks can smash the shit out of autos and other folks (like me) just kill the buggers and vow never to touch autos again.

:lol:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
TheCloudyChef (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:44 pm) • Wayne36 (Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm) • Zipp (Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:31 pm) • Solo Forager336 (Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:16 pm)

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

it will work but won't do the plants justice under 12/12 , you need another room mate.
These users thanked the author Mustang92 for the post:
TheCloudyChef (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:44 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Grew my one and only auto in a small noodle pot in a competition on 12/12 from the word go and got around 10 gram from it. Tbh i think you maybe surprised and 12/12 may not be too much of a downer for the auto`s, basically cus your treating it like a photo-bean its gonna be on bloom quite possibly 2 or 3 weeks longer than it would flowering as an auto, i know one i did in noodle pot was ran for ten weeks on 12/12, in all honesty i don`t really do auto thing, but i don`t think they flower in full bloom on auto time lighting for ten weeks, then again I'm not sure on that bit tbh. So yes its ying & yang int it and it all comes out about same in a roundabout way :idn: . I might be tripping on a drippin-cake and tis just my opinion though. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
TheCloudyChef (Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:45 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

The only way you'll know for certain is by running an auto in your flower/bloom tent.

I gave it a go few years back...in my experiment, the plant didn't but on enough weight by the end...the flower had no "nug meat" & I haven't bothered to do it again.

I'd just keep a few back up clones in the veg tent in the future. So if you end up having extra space you can tag a couple extra plants in. Also from past failures...always nice to have a couple of back up plants. If for some reason you run into problems in early flower, and they look sad at week 3, you can call it quits early and swap out the sick plant for a healthy veg clone....its hard to do, but you'll thank yourself for make the abortion decision...its way harder watching a sad plant get sadder throughout flower...the harvest and self doubt just aint worth it.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
TheCloudyChef (Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 am)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

There's no reason you wouldn't hit an ounce a plant. Some of the biggest autos ive seen have been on 12/12 including one of my biggest. That being said I'm with Marcus, some seem to do well with them, myself not included 😂.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
TheCloudyChef (Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 am)

TheCloudyChef

Post by TheCloudyChef »

So...
Thankyou for all the input people.
I decided to go full steam ahead!
5 fastbud strains and 1 ww from a seed I found in the bud of my first grow.

Happy now the silver floor is no more.

Diary started, Image

These users thanked the author TheCloudyChef for the post:
Wayne36 (Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:24 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”