Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Spider mites trying to take hold. How fucked am I?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Benjic93

Spider mites trying to take hold. How fucked am I?

Post by Benjic93 »

Have atleast 3/4 weeks I reckon on these buds. Just went to water and notice damage on the leaves. I've plucked most of them off but I'm damn sure they're on the sugar leaves.

I thought I controlled them :( fuckers were waiting. Are my buds a lost cause?

It was only on one bud site but sure as shit I know they're biding their time around the tent. Fuuuuuck ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Stickylemonz (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:50 pm)

TommyT
Known User

Re: Spider mites trying to take hold. How fucked am I?

Post by TommyT »

The one time I had spider mites I used Safer Soap. It's supposed to be organic. But I not sure with it being that close to harvest. You could probably spray the lower parts and try to stay away from the buds. That won't stop them totally but might slow them down enough till harvest.
These users thanked the author TommyT for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:09 pm)
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

TommyT wrote:The one time I had spider mites I used Safer Soap. It's supposed to be organic. But I not sure with it being that close to harvest. You could probably spray the lower parts and try to stay away from the buds. That won't stop them totally but might slow them down enough till harvest.
Thankyou, ye I'm unsure whether to risk spraying anything in there. There all netted up and its abit dense in here so they'll be no avoiding buds with spray. I've cut off the most effected leafs and searched for any more. I have predator sachets coming Wednesday to hopefully atleast put up a fight and slow them down until harvest.

Aslong as my buds aren't webbed.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Problem with predator mites by time they eat 10 another 100 mites will be born if you don`t get enough. Mites will soon wipe out your crop, you`ll be seeing webs everywhere in no time at all if ya don`t get on top of them.

Look at Mighty Wash i read its just plain old harmless water that`s had its shit jazzed up by passing an electric current through it so molecular structure of water changes or summink like that, but read up on it maybe, it was time back i read about the stuff and thought it jazzy cus said cool to use right to chop more or less and just water. Apparently mites can`t handle the stuff. Just another option for ya to look into. You can make it yourself theirs a good few utube vids on how to do it, but for sake of tenner or so why not get proper stuff
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:01 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

2-Scoops wrote:Problem with predator mites by time they eat 10 another 100 mites will be born if you don`t get enough. Mites will soon wipe out your crop, you`ll be seeing webs everywhere in no time at all if ya don`t get on top of them.

Look at Mighty Wash i read its just plain old harmless water that`s had its shit jazzed up by passing an electric current through it so molecular structure of water changes or summink like that, but read up on it maybe, it was time back i read about the stuff and thought it jazzy cus said cool to use right to chop more or less and just water. Apparently mites can`t handle the stuff. Just another option for ya to look into. You can make it yourself theirs a good few utube vids on how to do it, but for sake of tenner or so why not get proper stuff
Thankyou mate. Yeh iknow the predator mites are slow releasing unfortunately but I thought it was something and hopefully slow them abit. I will look into the wash. Seen it around. Pain in the getting under the canopy because it's all netted. Just worried spraying moisture onto the buds. I've chopped the worst of it off. Had a good look around. Iknow there around though. Will probably order the wash aswell just for the extra measure.

These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Stickylemonz (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:04 pm
2-Scoops wrote:Problem with predator mites by time they eat 10 another 100 mites will be born if you don`t get enough. Mites will soon wipe out your crop, you`ll be seeing webs everywhere in no time at all if ya don`t get on top of them.

Thankyou mate. Yeh iknow the predator mites are slow releasing unfortunately but I thought it was something and hopefully slow them abit. I will look into the wash. Seen it around. Pain in the getting under the canopy because it's all netted. Just worried spraying moisture onto the buds. I've chopped the worst of it off. Had a good look around. Iknow there around though. Will probably order the wash aswell just for the extra measure.

Might kill predator mites as well, feck knows tbh I've not used it, just sum-mink i come across trawling about net.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:58 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

ok so I had spider mites right through predator bugs did that and was thankful to not find anymore then directly after I start find aphids got green lace wing and as I put them out I saw thrips so gonna wait to see who wins in this big battle royal.
I’m kidding… ish
I have also got neem oil but at 6 weeks into flower I don’t want to ruin the entire grow so I have just been keeping the leaves cleaned up,keeping it cold in the tent to slow them down and fighting them best I can with the rest of this grow. Then war once these are done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 pm) • Benjic93 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:01 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Momma bear wrote: ok so I had spider mites right through predator bugs did that and was thankful to not find anymore then directly after I start find aphids got green lace wing and as I put them out I saw thrips so gonna wait to see who wins in this big battle royal.
I’m kidding… ish
I have also got neem oil but at 6 weeks into flower I don’t want to ruin the entire grow so I have just been keeping the leaves cleaned up,keeping it cold in the tent to slow them down and fighting them best I can with the rest of this grow. Then war once these are done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How you cleaning up? Think I'm just gunna have to inspect the grow everyday and snip of any infected leafs

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Get a bottle of this it will eradicate any mites Image

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:27 pm) • MommaB (Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:32 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

ewe can spray the dope daily with this its organic stuff....... trust me it will cure them within a week,but be weary + monitor the plants daily ....... hurry up before ya dope dies :oik!:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”