Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Deficiency or genetics?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
HaydenR4238

Deficiency or genetics?

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Noticing a purple outline on some of my Purple Punch leafs, is this the start of a deficiency or genetics? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Deficiency or genetics?

Post by kbag »

Certainly looks deficient but more details about the grow ,environment substrate etc would help . Oh plus a light's on pic
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Wed May 19, 2021 12:59 pm) • Elijah Growz (Wed May 19, 2021 1:04 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

If the lighter pale looking green in between darker green leaf veins/margins isn`t a bit of trickery from light shining down on them then yes they do look like they`re starting to get a wee bit hungry for some extra ferts, well i would say so anyhow.

Purple looking bit well if room temps are good and not on colder side then is more than likely in plants genetics, its all in name of strain and does happen, no sweat their on that.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

It could be a phosphorus deficiency, but then again your running purple punch which can turn purple depends on the breeder as some are more purple than others. are you seeing any other signs of deficiency btw?.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

Was using bottles nutrients and when they started showing signs of pre flower I used a bloom top dress. Left them and just used Ph water but 1 (purple punch) was showing some major signs of deficiencies I’ll attach photos below. I then reverted back to bottled nutrients and have given 2 big feeds since then, it’s definitely looking better now compared to before, but the purpling on the outer leafs is new hence why I’ve posted here as unsure, I’ve not seen purpling there before, it’s only on the top leafs.

As for my conditions, pretty moderate, lowest being 16/17c lights off and 21/22c max lights on. Humidity averaging about 50-65%.

Also, growing in coco ecothrive. Hope this helps. Other 2 plants are doing ok just this one giving me some issuesImage

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

This is the plant now Image

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

One other thing to add is this plant is very close to the light as I’ve ran out of room for her. Could be a big factor also.

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

I personally think it is probably a phosphorus deficiency but will see how it progresses

These users thanked the author HaydenR4238 for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed May 19, 2021 8:18 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Image yes ^^^defo phosphorous deficiency, i agree with others on that as well.

Image This not so much and myself have had that purple look from time to time on different strains that I've grown, i think it could be a bit more genetic but im not totally sure tbh on that :idn:

You seem to be on right track though now feeding a bit more and if shits not spreading now don`t sweat it, maybe whip away fucked up leaves. :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
HaydenR4238 (Thu May 20, 2021 12:33 am)

HaydenR4238

Post by HaydenR4238 »

2-Scoops wrote:Image yes ^^^defo phosphorous deficiency, i agree with others on that as well.

Image This not so much and myself have had that purple look from time to time on different strains that I've grown, i think it could be a bit more genetic but im not totally sure tbh on that :idn:

You seem to be on right track though now feeding a bit more and if shits not spreading now don`t sweat it, maybe whip away fucked up leaves. :oik!:
Have removed a couple really bad ones but the last 2 I can see withering away and will be pulled very soon. Thanks for your input, hope it is genetics but either way they’re getting what they need now, was more so an experiment using the top dress but not prepared to move to that stuff yet, just gonna stick to what I know best and see my girls out.

Some big decisions to make for the next round. After this will be out of bottled nutes so need to think long and hard about what’s going to be best next time. They have already sprouted, 4 purple kush autos and a Girl Scout cookies auto. They are going to planted outside soon so need to make my mind up very soon.

These users thanked the author HaydenR4238 for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu May 20, 2021 10:24 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”