Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Hempy bucket/ hydro help - root rot

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Hempy bucket/ hydro help - root rot

Post by 2-Scoops »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 pm
JJ wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm
I have done a hempy grow,all perlite tho,it dries well between feeds,every 2 days.used peroxide now and then also,hope it comes around for ya
Yeah I think was a bit keen on feeding everyday from running coco. Hopefully it's just the one and get through 7 weeks.
Use h202 on all of them a bit more frequent atmo maybe every other day mate as a preventative is a good option now or if feeding every 3 days then use each feed, believe it or not root rot is an airbourn pathogen spore like disease. 8-)

https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourt ... s/h2o2.htm
&
https://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com ... arden.html
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Well last night the pots were dry and light so I gave them all a litre to stop any wilt. I smelt all the run off and it smelt fine. Hoping it was just the start or maybe something from the recharge I gave it (instant compost tea).
Anyway my plan is to use silver bullet roots to fight it off and then hydroguard .
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm
Well last night the pots were dry and light so I gave them all a litre to stop any wilt. I smelt all the run off and it smelt fine. Hoping it was just the start or maybe something from the recharge I gave it (instant compost tea).
Anyway my plan is to use silver bullet roots to fight it off and then hydroguard .
I know silver bullet says long term protection but I'm of opinion oxyplus is much more aggressive if you got root rot already and a better option. Only my opinion like but you`d be using h202 more frequently not only that h202 makes for a great oxygen boost for roots.

I`m not sure if your growing organic or not and what medium your using ? But cus i here you mention giving plants a compost T, well if you are all said stuff mentioned with h202 in mix like silver bullet or oxyplus is gonna wipe out your micro-herd so other problems may occur later in your grow like deficiencies.

A liter doesn`t sound much, i would have given plants are really good soak once dry with a bit of h202 added. A comparison would be i give 10 liter pots 5 liters every 2 days and get around 0.5 liter run of growing in a coco/perlite mix.

Hempy bucket growing is a passive hydro way of growing and not really ideal for soil grows, maybe try a 50/50 mix coco/perlite, small rockwool cubes/clayballs or coco/clayballs next time if you go at it again. Both will do you a cracking job in a passive hydro set up. Big fan of passive hydro growing myself in fact its only way ive grown past 15 years or more just not hempy style and more run to waste. But growing hempy and watering daily your kinda missing point, idea is to let plants do their thing so theirs no need to water daily and more like every 3 to 4 days.
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:13 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

:puff puff:
2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:22 pm
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm
I know silver bullet says long term protection but I'm of opinion oxyplus is much more aggressive if you got root rot already and a better option. Only my opinion like but you`d be using h202 more frequently not only that h202 makes for a great oxygen boost for roots.

I`m not sure if your growing organic or not and what medium your using ? But cus i here you mention giving plants a compost T, well if you are all said stuff mentioned with h202 in mix like silver bullet or oxyplus is gonna wipe out your micro-herd so other problems may occur later in your grow like deficiencies.

A liter doesn`t sound much, i would have given plants are really good soak once dry with a bit of h202 added. A comparison would be i give 10 liter pots 5 liters every 2 days and get around 0.5 liter run of growing in a coco/perlite mix.

Hempy bucket growing is a passive hydro way of growing and not really ideal for soil grows, maybe try a 50/50 mix coco/perlite, small rockwool cubes/clayballs or coco/clayballs next time if you go at it again. Both will do you a cracking job in a passive hydro set up. Big fan of passive hydro growing myself in fact its only way ive grown past 15 years or more just not hempy style and more run to waste. But growing hempy and watering daily your kinda missing point, idea is to let plants do their thing so theirs no need to water daily and more like every 3 to 4 days.
No it's not soil. All synthetic I just used this stuff called recharge that's like an instant compost tea. Maybe it's gone bad and that's what started smelling. :idn: Got oxyplus coming tomorrow so I'll give your tip a go mate.

Yeah I started hempys because I was finding it a pain to water every night. And then during furloigh I did it anyway as I had loads of time on my hands.

Cheers mate
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 2):
Josh (Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:11 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:53 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Well maybe it was the recharge as I smelt all the run off and holes in the bucket last night and couldn't smell anything off???? Looked like a pervert on my hands and knees sniffing my girlfriend tells me.

But anyway. I'll use the oxyplus anyway. Best to be safe.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 2):
Josh (Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:57 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:39 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:28 pm
Well maybe it was the recharge as I smelt all the run off and holes in the bucket last night and couldn't smell anything off???? Looked like a pervert on my hands and knees sniffing my girlfriend tells me.

But anyway. I'll use the oxyplus anyway. Best to be safe.
I've only grown with bottled organic ferts once and it was bio-bizz, those didn`t stand too well before stinking up and going off in around a 5 or 6 days
ohlordyeah_420 (Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:54 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”