Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying smells

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TTL
Known User

Re: Drying smells

Post by TTL »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:56 pm
It is usually associated with chlorophyll which breaks down with other sugars with the aid of microbes, hence why the curing and taking time.

The thing is with this, is growing enough to cure for a long period. I was always cocky as a mere stoner. Why can't people grow more and cure for longer :fight:

It is hard keeping up. I certainly can't wait to have enough supply to keep things ticking over and curing for long periods.

Then there is all the different theories and old tales of various, almost endless way's to cure! :lol:
Then you have people like Mean Gene and Jungle Boys who have insanely good tasty weed and they don’t believe in curing at all.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
Guest (Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:52 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

The hay smell is normal. It's just part of the drying process. The smell will fade away over the next 5-7 days and it will be dank smelling again.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Guest (Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:52 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Post by Guest »

TTL wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:56 pm
It is usually associated with chlorophyll which breaks down with other sugars with the aid of microbes, hence why the curing and taking time.

The thing is with this, is growing enough to cure for a long period. I was always cocky as a mere stoner. Why can't people grow more and cure for longer :fight:

It is hard keeping up. I certainly can't wait to have enough supply to keep things ticking over and curing for long periods.

Then there is all the different theories and old tales of various, almost endless way's to cure! :lol:
Then you have people like Mean Gene and Jungle Boys who have insanely good tasty weed and they don’t believe in curing at all.
There are many theories and tricks.

One is to use spay on terps. I have heard of this before of street goers doing this for bag appeal! :ak:

Then there are various products out there to boost terps, by adding to the soil, some you haven't got a clue wtf they're puttong in :idn:

In jamacia I have heard they dry out in the sun which gives a more brownish appearence, also matures the trichomes into different state of sorts I cannot remember everything, this was on a documentary.

The list is endless. Everyone finds their own way. I think a long slow cure is best. Slow everything down. But what gets me is if you cure meat, you don't open that vacuum pack untill you're ready to eat it....? ......unless I stand corrected?

The definition is:

preserve (meat, fish, tobacco, or an animal skin) by salting, drying, or smoking.
"home-cured ham"

Now how do they cure tobacco? I have heard spray chemical can be used?

I think the chlorophyll and sugars breaking down are actually a different part all together and curing is just the method of preserving the cannabis. I may do more research on clorophyll and how it breaks down because I used to vape a lot, but you can taste clorophyll from a mile off with a good vape. I can see a little rabbit hole coming. :thanks:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”