Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying smells

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Point 5
Respected Member

Re: Drying smells

Post by Point 5 »

Hay smell is normal it's the chlorophyll leaving the plant.

Your temps and everything seem good
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post (total 2):
wutang (Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:35 am) • Guest (Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 am)
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Point 5 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks @Point 5. You can tell I really don't want to screw this up after a long time in veg and flower of my best grow so far :lol:
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Guest (Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 pm
Drying dope is harder than growing it tbh.... the aroma your encountering rite now is the chlorophyll evaporating off...slash the hay smell I myself would try get the temps at constantly 20 degrees toss the dope then about 10 days its ready to be cured

great googly moogly!
Thanks Mr @Captain Beefheart

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

wutang wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:36 am
Point 5 wrote:

Thanks @Point 5. You can tell I really don't want to screw this up after a long time in veg and flower of my best grow so far :lol:
Growing is definitely easier than drying. Seems your going well tho in here
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post:
wutang (Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:02 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Point 5 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:00 am
wutang wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:36 am
Point 5 wrote:

Growing is definitely easier than drying. Seems your going well tho in here
Thanks @Point 5 the only thing that's concerning me is the fan heater..its on the 1kw setting so its not proper hot air being generated. Plus the heater is just below the passive intake so that cools a bit of the air down as its circulated. I have two clip on ram fans on the lowest setting in opposite corners facing down to circulate the air.

In this 1.2x1.2x2.0 its actually a 1.5x1.2x2.0, on the right side it has a propagation chamber which is just divided by a mylar divider, which ive pulled back, and put the heater in there, so its as far as can be from the plants.

BeEasy93
Has thanked: 0

Re: Helpp meeee

Post by BeEasy93 »

I just need some advice really.

done a grow, dried & was curing the in containers and it smelt dankkkkk!
had abit of an argument and he put all his stuff in the loft including his weed pots.
It was in there for 36 hours or something and when he took it out it smells of hay. I think the loft was pretty hot and I’m just wondering if it will ever go back to how it was?

I’m being blamed for him wasting all that time caring for it and ruining his crop, any advice of how we can get it smelling back to how it was and get me out the crap? Lol

Please helpppp

Would really appreciate it if there’s anything I can do to get the smell back to how it was before or is this gone forever?

Thanks
These users thanked the author BeEasy93 for the post (total 2):
MommaB (Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:47 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:47 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Ok gonna be honest here qnd say I’m no expert at curing and it is crucial part of it. You can destroy a grow in the drying/curing process. Have y’all opened and let it breathe at all? Also when you bend the bud a bit do you smell the original smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Guest (Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

BeEasy93 wrote:I just need some advice really.

done a grow, dried & was curing the in containers and it smelt dankkkkk!
had abit of an argument and he put all his stuff in the loft including his weed pots.
It was in there for 36 hours or something and when he took it out it smells of hay. I think the loft was pretty hot and I’m just wondering if it will ever go back to how it was?

I’m being blamed for him wasting all that time caring for it and ruining his crop, any advice of how we can get it smelling back to how it was and get me out the crap? Lol

Please helpppp

Would really appreciate it if there’s anything I can do to get the smell back to how it was before or is this gone forever?

Thanks
Hi pop over and introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread , I’m sure you’ll get all the answers u need once you have

Mustang92

Post by Mustang92 »

hay smell will go away later in cure. hang dry or nets until you can snap a stem instead of bending then go to mason jars burping gases for few weeks hay smell will go away in time and go back to dank smelling mate.

Post by Guest »

It is usually associated with chlorophyll which breaks down with other sugars with the aid of microbes, hence why the curing and taking time.

The thing is with this, is growing enough to cure for a long period. I was always cocky as a mere stoner. Why can't people grow more and cure for longer :fight:

It is hard keeping up. I certainly can't wait to have enough supply to keep things ticking over and curing for long periods.

Then there is all the different theories and old tales of various, almost endless way's to cure! :lol:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”