Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Will my seedlings be ok?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Will my seedlings be ok?

Post by kbag »

Think if they were mine id be tempted to pot them in soil and hope the microbes do the work for you. It can be a nightmare when you get a strain like these seem to be.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey buddy,

I really hate jumping on these thread when everyone is giving their two pence and I have another opinion. It causes confusion and even contention between members :lol:

So here it is :) the first issue you had looks like we sort of uptake issue. I'm not sure what feed you're using but it may of been underfed but the EC levels you was stating would suggest you was feeding enough. If you let me know what base nutrients you was using and I'll provide some more input.

The second set of pictures show that they have started to recover but now you have Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies. The interveinal chlorosis, mottled look and deformation tells me this.

I would start to feed these a balanced two part feed ASAP. I would also give them a foliar of a single part full feed like formulex.

If you could fill in the blanks I will go into more detail.

Base nutrient:
Additives:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:28 am
Hey buddy,

I really hate jumping on these thread when everyone is giving their two pence and I have another opinion. It causes confusion and sometimes even contention at times.

So here it is :) the first issue you had looks like we sort of uptake issue. I'm not sure what feed you're using but it may of been underfed but the EC levels you was stating would suggest you was feeding enough. If you let me know what base nutrients you was using and I'll provide some more input.

The second set of pictures show that they have started to recover but now you have Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies. The interveinal chlorosis, mottled look and deformation tells me this.

I would start to feed these a balanced two part feed ASAP. I would also give them a foliar of a single part full feed like formulex.

Base nutrient:
Additives:
Thanks you for taking the time to try help mate I appreciate it.
I was feeding canna a+b and rhizotonic. 0.9 Ec then last feed I gave the 1ml canna a+b 2ml voodoo juice and 0.5ml silicon. I did give the plant a spray of calmag sometime last week. I just don’t understand why they would have a deficiency this early on. Also when I say the Ec That’s including the background Ec of 0.3. I have evolution spray that Im Waiting to use. The critical kush have been getting the exact same feed and they are loving it.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I've grown a few do si dos and its true, it is a fairy. Nice smoke though. You might need a good way of supporting them near the end of flower
Last edited by Nom on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
Gward20 (Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:44 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:33 am
seymore_budz wrote:
Hey buddy,

I really hate jumping on these thread when everyone is giving their two pence and I have another opinion. It causes confusion and sometimes even contention at times.

Base nutrient:
Additives:
I was feeding canna a+b and rhizotonic. 0.9 Ec then last feed I gave the 1ml canna a+b 2ml voodoo juice and 0.5ml silicon. I did give the plant a spray of calmag sometime last week. I just don’t understand why they would have a deficiency this early on. Also when I say the Ec That’s including the background Ec of 0.3. I have evolution spray that Im Waiting to use. The critical kush have been getting the exact same feed and they are loving it.
OK, so this could indeed be root damage or PH. Just checking but you are adjusting your PH after adding the rhizotonic because that can affect your PH and cause issues.

There are many arguments for and against feeding seeds. I can only share my experiences. In Coco with RO and even with buffered RO with a background EC of 0.3 is not enough even for new seedlings. They germinate but quickly deteriorate and I get the same mottling. I start my seedlings in Coco with a total EC of 1.2 now. Obviously this is not the full picture as I add kelp and other things that contribute to the TDS reading. If I was using municipal water with a background EC of 0.3 then I would be starting at 1.0 EC so you wasn't wrong and I think you're looking at the wrong area there.

I can see where you have sprayed and some have recovered nicely but they are reverting again due to lack of minerals. Personally I would lay off the buddah's tree and everything else. Just give them base feed and rhizotonic. Here's my suggestion.

Mix up a bucket of feed with an EC of 1.2 and a PH of 6. Get those in the bath and flush the shit out of them. This will buffer the Coco and bring the rhizome back into check. Test the run off until it's the same as what you're putting in. That way you can be sure that all the shit has been flushed through.

Next, spray them with the same mix every 3 days in low light. If you can get distilled water even better and add a little CalMag (0.4ml per litre). If you have fulvic acid in your kit then mix some in the foliar mix too. This will green them up and get needed nutrients directly into the plants. They can make use of them quicker. Calcium is immobile so spraying calcium works a treat. The fulvic acid will help nutrients traverse into the leaf.

After about 7-10 days you will start to see a massive improvement and then you can start dropping the lights and giving them the solar power green again.

Good luck buddy.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

PS: give your pot walls a slap :lol: sounds weird but it will loosen up the Coco and get some air into the root. This will encourage root hairs and improve uptake too :)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:46 am
Gward20 wrote:
seymore_budz wrote:
Hey buddy,

Base nutrient:
Additives:
OK, so this could indeed be root damage or PH. Just checking but you are adjusting your PH after adding the rhizotonic because that can affect your PH and cause issues.

There are many arguments for and against feeding seeds. I can only share my experiences. In Coco with RO and even with buffered RO with a background EC of 0.3 is not enough even for new seedlings. They germinate but quickly deteriorate and I get the same mottling. I start my seedlings in Coco with a total EC of 1.2 now. Obviously this is not the full picture as I add kelp and other things that contribute to the TDS reading. If I was using municipal water with a background EC of 0.3 then I would be starting at 1.0 EC so you wasn't wrong and I think you're looking at the wrong area there.

I can see where you have sprayed and some have recovered nicely but they are reverting again due to lack of minerals. Personally I would lay off the buddah's tree and everything else. Just give them base feed and rhizotonic. Here's my suggestion.

Mix up a bucket of feed with an EC of 1.2 and a PH of 6. Get those in the bath and flush the shit out of them. This will buffer the Coco and bring the rhizome back into check. Test the run off until it's the same as what you're putting in. That way you can be sure that all the shit has been flushed through.

Next, spray them with the same mix every 3 days in low light. If you can get distilled water even better and add a little CalMag (0.4ml per litre). If you have fulvic acid in your kit then mix some in the foliar mix too. This will green them up and get needed nutrients directly into the plants. They can make use of them quicker. Calcium is immobile so spraying calcium works a treat. The fulvic acid will help nutrients traverse into the leaf.

After about 7-10 days you will start to see a massive improvement and then you can start dropping the lights and giving them the solar power green again.

Good luck buddy.
Thank you very much for this mate I appreciate it. Do you not think I should still use voodoo juice as it’s suppose to oxygenate your roots and provide beneficial bacteria ? Also should I add calmag to the mix of a+b and rhizo ?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am
seymore_budz wrote:
Gward20 wrote:

Good luck buddy.
Thank you very much for this mate I appreciate it. Do you not think I should still use voodoo juice as it’s suppose to oxygenate your roots and provide beneficial bacteria ? Also should I add calmag to the mix of a+b and rhizo ?
No problem,

So root juice is a specific blend of microbes that have been bottled up and ready to use. These won't cause too much issues but Coco is already teaming with microbes from the factory. What we are doing is hitting the reset button and giving the plant time to recover. Microbes are living and even though you're not adding them for the recovery period they will still be present in the Coco.

CalMag is not required when using Canna Coco base feed. Your lack of calcium and magnesium is a result of either an imbalance within the Coco (CEC issues) or some root damage. The added calcium and magnesium within the spray will help green them up but the base nutrients when used correctly have more than enough to sustain healthy growth. We're using the CalMag to give them a kick up the arse so to speak :lol: In your scenario it's only useful while the plants are recovering. Once they are off and healthy we won't need the CalMag.

Plant Magic Evolution is a great shout! It's a blend of amino acids, vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and sugars. All will help boost the plants recovery.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am
seymore_budz wrote:

Good luck buddy.
No problem,

So root juice is a specific blend of microbes that have been bottled up and ready to use. These won't cause too much issues but Coco is already teaming with microbes from the factory. What we are doing is hitting the reset button and giving the plant time to recover. Microbes are living and even though you're not adding them for the recovery period they will still be present in the Coco.

CalMag is not required when using Canna Coco base feed. Your lack of calcium and magnesium is a result of either an imbalance within the Coco (CEC issues) or some root damage. The added calcium and magnesium within the spray will help green them up but the base nutrients when used correctly have more than enough to sustain healthy growth. We're using the CalMag to give them a kick up the arse so to speak :lol: In your scenario it's only useful while the plants are recovering. Once they are off and healthy we won't need the CalMag.

Plant Magic Evolution is a great shout! It's a blend of amino acids, vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and sugars. All will help boost the plants recovery.
Okay so, rhizo + a & b Ec 1.2, flush u til run off is the same as feed then foliar feed the exact same mix ? What ph should the foliar be at ?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

For this type of treatment target 7PH for the foliar.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”