Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When do you start counting that you're in flower?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Re: When do you start counting that you're in flower?

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Basicaly if im understanding it right @Cave Hill Cole in a roundabout way you seem to be saying potentially if im growing a 10week bloom strain and knock it back a bit or stall it growing/budding up altogether with shock of some sort, lets take cold temps as example stalling plant in full bloom for 4 or 5 of those 10 weeks then potentially that plant could take 14 or 15 weeks to finish ? I really didn`t think it works in that way in all honesty
Nah bro, I never said anything about plant stress adding 4 or 5 weeks to a plants harvest time...not sure where you came up with number. What I am saying is if say in week 3, you get out of control and give your plant too much PK and or run a high EC of 3.0, and fry the crap out of your plants so that the pistils turn all brown...well than yeah, if you have an 8 week bloom strain, your going to add at an estimate at least probably 10 days...maybe 2 weeks. I don't know about 5 weeks.

But I agree with you mate, I don't think cold temps are likely to add 5 weeks to your harvest time. But in all honesty man, I live in NZ where I don't have to deal with cold temps. Given my limited experience with the cold ad growing, I'm not going to comment on it.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
2-Scoops (Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:02 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:39 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Basicaly if im understanding it right @Cave Hill Cole in a roundabout way you seem to be saying potentially if im growing a 10week bloom strain and knock it back a bit or stall it growing/budding up altogether with shock of some sort, lets take cold temps as example stalling plant in full bloom for 4 or 5 of those 10 weeks then potentially that plant could take 14 or 15 weeks to finish ? I really didn`t think it works in that way in all honesty
Nah bro, I never said anything about plant stress adding 4 or 5 weeks to a plants harvest time...not sure where you came up with number. What I am saying is if say in week 3, you get out of control and give your plant too much PK and or run a high EC of 3.0, and fry the crap out of your plants so that the pistils turn all brown...well than yeah, if you have an 8 week bloom strain, your going to add at an estimate at least probably 10 days...maybe 2 weeks. I don't know about 5 weeks.

But I agree with you mate, I don't think cold temps are likely to add 5 weeks to your harvest time. But in all honesty man, I live in NZ where I don't have to deal with cold temps. Given my limited experience with the cold ad growing, I'm not going to comment on it.
It was just an example mate and cold was also used as an example to what i thought you were saying about what stressing out a flowering plant does, but basically your saying same thing here to me i think.

Let me try word it better cus im shit at getting a point across at times .

Basicaly if im understanding it right you seem to be saying if im growing a strain that`s ten weeks and it gets stressed be that one way or another and in that stressing of plant it gets knocked back 10 days, 2weeks 4weeks whatever. Well if im understanding right what your saying it puts plant back so those 10days are added on to end of plants flowering cycle, so a 10 weeker 10 day`er ?

Why i ask i really didn`t think it worked that way, stressed or not if its a 10 week cycle that we know this strain takes to be done it will still be a ten week cycle cus trichomes will still ripen in that time and yield will be less and by adding 10days to end of the cycle those trichomes are still cooking ripening. That`s how i always thought it really worked with the stress thing of any type to the plant tbh so plant will still finish up in said 10weeks meaning trichs will still be ready in that time stress or no stress. I hope that`s more understsandable for you Chad, mind you tis saying same as before reworded to me. Cheers for reply mate.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:53 pm
Why i ask i really didn`t think it worked that way, stressed or not if its a 10 week cycle that we know this strain takes to be done it will still be a ten week cycle
https://academic.oup.com/jxb/article/67/1/47/2885020

There you go mate, fill ya boots...lots of factors outlined where different plant stress can both reduce and increase flowering time.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:51 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I shall take a butchers at that one as i typo. Nice one both of you. Cheers. :thanks:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”