Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Watering Soil Grows

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Watering Soil Grows

Post by wutang »

Hi All

How long does it take you to water your soil grows and the pot size you're watering?

I currently have 2x 16l fabric pots and I use a hand pressure sprayer and water them 7l each which gives me a little run off after so I know I've watered thoroughly. It takes me just around 20 to 25mins per pot. I know they say the slower the better, but I feel like I'm going too slow sometimes as it takes me an hour to water both pots :idn:

Cheers
Wu

KD
Known User

Re: Watering Soil Grows

Post by KD »

I use a 2ltr bottle with a hole drilled in the lid, 20ltr plastic pot and it takes about 5 mins per pot for me. I do it slow enough so the water doesn't pool at all so I know it's going in and not down the edges of the pot.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
wutang (Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:20 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

KrazyDave wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:19 pm
I use a 2ltr bottle with a hole drilled in the lid, 20ltr plastic pot and it takes about 5 mins per pot for me. I do it slow enough so the water doesn't pool at all so I know it's going in and not down the edges of the pot.
How much water in litres do you give each pot?

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

wutang wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:21 pm
KrazyDave wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:19 pm
How much water in litres do you give each pot?
Depends on what stage they're at but max is about 3 litres. My pot sits on a crate above a bucket to catch runoff so if I get to the end of the 2ltr and she's barely dripped, she gets another litre slowly fed in
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
wutang (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:15 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I run 5 or 6L pots, I sling a litre at them every day in flower and it takes me a few seconds to do it.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
KD (Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:49 pm) • wutang (Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:15 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I suppose the crucial nugget of info I should have asked is watering schedule. I water when pots are almost dry and do the weight test so every 4 to 5 days they get a proper watering. I suppose some people add a little bit daily?

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

The 2x 41l fabric pots I have been using have been getting about 4l every 2 days, I’ve just been splashing it on and it soaks in quick, plants seem to have done prity good, next run I think I’d give them more water slower and less often
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
wutang (Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:40 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Right now I have fourteen plants in three gallon fabric pots. Now that I’m in the the fifth week of flower and I’ve dropped the temps and humidity I only need to water every two days. It takes me three to four hours to water them. I can only water a little bit and then wait to let it absorb before adding more. I give them about a gallon of feed each time. Sometime they take a little less and sometimes a little more. I just water until I get a tiny bit of runoff. Top dressing with dolomite lime seemed to make it take even longer, but I have too small of pots for this grow. Most of the grow I watered them daily though. I envy you only having to water every 4-5 days. Ha. Next grow will be Hempy’s and if I ever do soil again I’ll make sure to use the right size pots.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
wutang (Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

TTL wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:09 pm
Right now I have fourteen plants in three gallon fabric pots. Now that I’m in the the fifth week of flower and I’ve dropped the temps and humidity I only need to water every two days. It takes me three to four hours to water them. I can only water a little bit and then wait to let it absorb before adding more. Top dressing with dolomite lime seemed to make it take even longer, but I have too small of pots for this grow. Most of the grow I watered them daily though. I envy you only having to water every 4-5 days. Ha. Next grow will be Hempy’s and if I ever do soil again I’ll make sure to use the right size pots.
Geez dude. 14 plants. Big respect. Ive just about managed two with my lifestyle. Its just about to get busier too. I might be watering too slow :idn: i just keep pumping the pressure to make it come out a bit faster. Positive thing is at least I know I've watered thoroughly. Next time I'm going to try an auto pot system. Then comes the trouble of securing tanks and keeping them away from electrics incase it leaks etc. Every grow Im in a better place in terms of knowledge..you can never get bored of growing canna. Everyday's a school day.

Peace
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
TTL (Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 pm) • KD (Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:01 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

If I may ask a question...???

Why are you using a pressure sprayer to water plants?

Grab a litre jug out of the kitchen, dip it in your feed bucket and then sling it in the top of the pot. Takes seconds to do. They all get a L, then if there's nowt run out of the bottom, they get topped up till it does run out with half a L. They'll suck what's run out into their trays up, if they don;t, get the turkey baster out.

To answer another question, yes I only water when they're dry... But in flower they dry up overnight, until that day when they stay wet and they are telling me they're done cooking, so time to drop the feeds and just plain water when they are dry again till death.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
wutang (Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”