Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Watering Soil Grows

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Re: Watering Soil Grows

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:37 am
If I may ask a question...???

Why are you using a pressure sprayer to water plants?

Grab a litre jug out of the kitchen, dip it in your feed bucket and then sling it in the top of the pot. Takes seconds to do. They all get a L, then if there's nowt run out of the bottom, they get topped up till it does run out with half a L. They'll suck what's run out into their trays up, if they don;t, get the turkey baster out.

To answer another question, yes I only water when they're dry... But in flower they dry up overnight, until that day when they stay wet and they are telling me they're done cooking, so time to drop the feeds and just plain water when they are dry again till death.
You may ask a question Marcus haha

This is my first soil grow. So when I first started, I read a lot about watering speed and at one point I was under watering in terms of not giving enough water to the haze whenever I was feeding, so in 2 days it would look sad and droopy even when it was dry. The white widow seemed a lot more hardy. I guess I got a little para and thought the slower the better to ensure each inch of the soil is fully moist each watering.

I'll probably try your method next watering.

Peace.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Marcus (Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:19 am)

KD
Known User

Re: Watering Soil Grows

Post by KD »

Also, if you don't water soil enough, it becomes hydrophobic and is an absolute nightmare to get wet again. The top mm can look soaking and yet the layer below can be bone dry and all your water runs off the roots ball and down the edge. This ain't good so slow and steady is the way to go 100%
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
wutang (Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:46 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”