Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Budget insulation around the tent?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Benjic93

Re: Budget insulation around the tent?

Post by Benjic93 »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:21 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:16 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm
Get a 600w bulb for the HPS, that'll get the temps up more. £25 and it's done! :running-around: :lol:

Does your ballast go up to 600W? Is it an electronic one?

I'd think about upping the bulb if you;re worried 20*C is too low and just running a tent full of autos. Give them 4 hours darkness in the middle of the day to save a few quid when it starts warming up too, towards the end of flower.
Just turned it on at 600w. I'll leave it 24hr see what temps are like through the night 🤞 tried avoiding 600w but I'll see how it gets on
Is the bulb a 600watt one?
Not 100% sure actually 😂 best double check before it blows. Confident it is though
These users thanked the author Benjic93 for the post:
Marcus (Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:44 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:38 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:21 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Just turned it on at 600w. I'll leave it 24hr see what temps are like through the night 🤞 tried avoiding 600w but I'll see how it gets on
Is the bulb a 600watt one?
Not 100% sure actually 😂 best double check before it blows. Confident it is though
:lol:

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

ImageHad same issue as you mate, I ended up putting 50mm kingspan in roof then using some foil bubble rap stuff and tbh my temps only drop when lights off, I have to say that foil stuff been brilliant! It was on Amazon done whole groom with 1 roll! I use inkbird for temp also mate with a 1.2kw heater but like I say it only need to come on when light off and then it stays very constant even when freezing in actul shed. ImageImageImage
Last edited by Stickylemonz on Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 4):
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm) • Budgie (Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:30 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:50 pm) • Tictok (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:16 pm)

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

Vador wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:35 pm
Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:14 pm
Hopefully this works if not i can split it up.

If you require a further break down just drop me a message.

Stay Lifted and good luck with it.

ASG
Nice work, just out of interest what did you use to design that?
Using Adobe Illustrator for this.

Dont have AutoCAD or 3D Studio Max installed or i could really go to town hahahhaa system is slow and old

ASG
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:56 pm) • Vador (Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:07 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:14 pm
ImageHad same issue as you mate, I ended up putting 50mm kingspan in roof then using some foil bubble rap stuff and tbh my temps only drop when lights off, I have to say that foil stuff been brilliant! It was on Amazon done whole groom with 1 roll! I use inkbird for temp also mate with a 1.2kw heater but like I say it only need to come on when light off and then it stays very constant even when freezing in actul shed. ImageImageImage
My man! So you wrapped the hole shed? Looks shiny in there! So you just used kingspan for the roof then wrap everywhere else? My walls are concrete blocks so they get dam cold. That's why I thought it might be easier to just put a box around the tent rather then do the whole shed.

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 pm
Stickylemonz wrote:
My man! So you wrapped the hole shed? Looks shiny in there! So you just used kingspan for the roof then wrap everywhere else? My walls are concrete blocks so they get dam cold. That's why I thought it might be easier to just put a box around the tent rather then do the whole shed.
Nooo my shed is say 10x4 or somthing then I built a box inside the shed like this (excuse the mess lol) Image
So basicly half my shed I turned into box then inside the box ive insulated, I couldn’t afford to insulate whole shed also meant I would have to take whole box down and start again as I haven’t space down sides to get in there and do any thing, like this ImageImage so I didn’t wanna have no groom so just insulated from inside, if I was in ur position mate you’d be better off buying few sheets of kingspan then build a box almost round it and under floor(especially if concrete base, see I’m not as bad as I’m in shed and it off ground and I have placed some Mylar across floor but that more because it water resistant so easier to clean up spills etc.. I defo am glad I have insulated as it defo saving me a lot of money, I and flower in tent so light is 12/12 in tent then vegging outside in other half of box so heater comes in in the 6 hours it’s total darkness, I am using 2 hps tho one on 250(veg) then 400(flower) I upped to 600 buy the temps went crazy ImageImageImageImageImage

I also exstract straight out of tent into box then through carbon straight out, I also did a intake straight to outside In Which I can put a fan on for summer to get cooler air in
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 3):
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:01 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:40 pm) • Tictok (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:17 pm)

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Benjic93 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 pm
Stickylemonz wrote:
Nooo my shed is say 10x4 or somthing then I built a box inside the shed like this (excuse the mess lol) Image
So basicly half my shed I turned into box then inside the box ive insulated, I couldn’t afford to insulate whole shed also meant I would have to take whole box down and start again as I haven’t space down sides to get in there and do any thing, like this ImageImage so I didn’t wanna have no groom so just insulated from inside, if I was in ur position mate you’d be better off buying few sheets of kingspan then build a box almost round it and under floor(especially if concrete base, see I’m not as bad as I’m in shed and it off ground and I have placed some Mylar across floor but that more because it water resistant so easier to clean up spills etc.. I defo am glad I have insulated as it defo saving me a lot of money, I and flower in tent so light is 12/12 in tent then vegging outside in other half of box so heater comes in in the 6 hours it’s total darkness, I am using 2 hps tho one on 250(veg) then 400(flower) I upped to 600 buy the temps went crazy ImageImageImageImageImage

I also exstract straight out of tent into box then through carbon straight out, I also did a intake straight to outside In Which I can put a fan on for summer to get cooler air in
Dam mate, great set up. Alot of effort gone into that 👌 given me alot to think about! My shed is about 7metres long, 1.5metre high and 2meter wide. So would be alot to fo the hole shed. With the concrete blocks as walls I'd lose abit of space aswell. Will definitely have to try just build a box around the tent. I've got my 600w going at the minute to check environment and its sitting at 24c but I'd rather do fems and be able to flower rather then have to leave it on 24hr for autos.

Thanks for sharing your grow man 🤙 given me ideas.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

i save all the bubble wrap from various packages through the year or whatever then just layer them over best i can, duvet helps too if ya got it and some heat mats under the tent to take the edge off the bitter cold, but everyone gotta make their situation work.... best of luck sorting it
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Benjic93 (Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:06 pm) • Guest (Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:48 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:26 pm
i save all the bubble wrap from various packages through the year or whatever then just layer them over best i can, duvet helps too if ya got it and some heat mats under the tent to take the edge off the bitter cold, but everyone gotta make their situation work.... best of luck sorting it
Thanks man, yeh I'm wishing I saved up Bubble wrap and polystyrene I've had in the past

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:26 pm
I save my packaging for when I board the inside of my Groom. Free wall insulation!
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:08 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:22 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”