Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Reverse osmosis water filter recommendations

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Vador
Known User

Re: Reverse osmosis water filter recommendations

Post by Vador »

One thing you might have overlooked is the time it will take to produce the water and also your water pressure.
If you have low water pressure then you’ll want to run a booster pump.
Even with a pump and good pressure it takes ages to produce pure water, 50% of the water processed goes down the drain and the other 50% is your pure water, not ideal if your on a water meter. then you’ll want somewhere to store this water, some sort of tank with a float valve or something that you can keep filled until you need it. Then filter in the cost of replacement pre filters every 6 months, chlorine will destroy ro membranes

Alternatively you could just soften your water a bit and take away the chlorine with something like this
You could even go so far as to put it on your mains in and treat the whole house to some clean water, it won’t be as pure as ro water but will be much better than tap water and much more cost effective.

I use this for drinking water

And also run a 40/40 ro for work so got access to pure water but it’s too much work for my liking, just turn on the tap and out comes water is what I like for my plants, I don’t have time to mess around with pure water for gardening, each to their own though
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Jayme Ream (Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:03 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

TommyT wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:30 pm
That one that you are looking at I wouldn't be afraid of at all.
It has two more filters than mine. Mine has the stage 1, stage 3, and stage 4
My filters I can find all over the place in the U.S.
I would check on the Stage 2 Activated Carbon Filter Cartridge and the DI resin.
I would think you could do without the DI resin because they say that it removes additional minerals from the water.
https://aquati.co.uk/shop/product_5-sta ... 50gpd_2034
Thanks brother
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
Jayme Ream (Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:04 pm) • TommyT (Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:27 am)

Forest

Post by Forest »

ive put mine under the sink in the kitchen with a tap on the drainer and a collector tub thingy , it has made the coffee better, and we all drink ro now , who knows what long term damage the chems they put in tap water does to us , , and the plant love the stuff and as do the microbes, happy chaps singing and dancing and not dying a horrible death by chemicals

i bought my ro unit used off gumtree two years down the road and its still only 2 ppm on the carts it came with happy days
These users thanked the author Forest for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 pm) • TommyT (Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:28 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Forest wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:52 am
ive put mine under the sink in the kitchen with a tap on the drainer and a collector tub thingy , it has made the coffee better, and we all drink ro now , who knows what long term damage the chems they put in tap water does to us , , and the plant love the stuff and as do the microbes, happy chaps singing and dancing and not dying a horrible death by chemicals

i bought my ro unit used off gumtree two years down the road and its still only 2 ppm on the carts it came with happy days
Thanks forest

Now that sounds even better makes the coffee better :nice:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”