Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Parabolic or not?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Vador
Known User

Parabolic or not?

Post by Vador »

Hey.
at the moment I'm using just a standard hood with a hps in a 1.2x1.2 tent, every day I move the hood around in the tent to get light to all the little nooks and crannies.
Ultimately i'd like to go led but for now money doesn't permit it, Been looking at a 100cm parabolic shade and for £45 its not going to hurt the bank too bad, Just wondering if it'll make much difference though.

Do you get a nice even light spread with a parabolic or do you end up with patches of intense light where its concentrated to the centre or something?
Also the way the bulb is orientated makes me question how it works. like surely all the light is being projected outwards now and not down at the plants? does that mean then that basically all the light that reaches the plants has been reflected rather than intensely projected onto the leafs straight from the bulb? if that's the case then can the light be bought lower?

another thing I wonder about is cooling, this things going to be basically dividing the tent in half now and air has to be sucked up past the sides, does the shade trap heat in underneath it?

I think that's pretty much all my questions at the moment, if anyone knows any of the answers id be much obliged
Thanks
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Mrs Beefheart (Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Parabolic or not?

Post by Bulls »

I'll be short. Best thing that can happen in 1.2 x 1.2 after 600w hps is a Parabolic shade. Go for the white one. You won't regret it!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 4):
Vador (Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm) • Josh (Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm) • duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Nice, thanks @Bulls. the one i've been looking at is silver, i'll see if I can find a white one around the same price.
thanks
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Bulls (Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm) • duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

How did it go @Vador I hope you've managed to find a white one? They are great!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Tbh @Bulls i haven’t looked since, proper skint right now and had to stop window shopping cos of temptation
Parabolic is on my list but so is led, can’t see I’ll be able to afford an led panel before got enough for the para but we shall see.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the bank account should be looking a bit better though an can start shopping again:-)
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Bulls (Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:24 pm) • duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I used parabolic shades with my double ended bulbs, and I agree with bulls. They're a must! especially in a small space.
These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
Vador (Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:24 pm) • duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I think I might have to just bite the bullet and get one soon as possible, anything to improve yields
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
duke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:00 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”