Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Flowering time(?) and some other issues

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
frankthirtyspears

Flowering time(?) and some other issues

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, i got 2 autoflowers (O.G. Kush And Purple Bud from Dinafem and Sensi Seeds respectively) that are about 68 days old (10 Week). My couple harvests were at about this time, but i know that waiting a little while longer should be good... and here comes the deal, i got a third plant (Girl Scout Cookies auto from 420buds) that isn't working much like an auto, and won't flower even if it's 70 d/0.

She's definitely taking way too much space in the grow tent and has grown a lot for being in a 6.5 lt pot (all of them are but the others stayed much little)and i'm starting to worry that staying this long in vegetative phase could cause issues later, but i'm not 100% sure.

So i'd ask you guys if you had ideas and if i should switch her at 12/12 (since at this point i'mg going to guess i'ts a photo seed wrongly labeled as auto), or not and wait a little bit more for the other 2 girls (or also if you think that they could be ready).

Thanks as always and here some pics (Some leaves are drying up and presenting strange spots/discoloration but only in the late flowering plants, and not in the vegetative one, so i guess it's normal, but also i'm not very sure).

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Flowering time(?) and some other issues

Post by Captain Beefheart »

heres my take on ya crop bach no mallice intended its the way i speak see :oik!: your flowering plants are just about cooked and they aint gonna do much more at all :oik!: hats off to ewe tho for getting a smoke,as for the 1 thats not flowering in its current state i`d kill it not flower it....but if ewe greened her / it up it mite be worth the flip :idn: but my advice is feed the fuka up with a few hits of a decent N based fert otherwise your pissing into the wind see. :oik!: ooooh + good luck.... i myself would just kill it :puff puff:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Cave Hill Cole (Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 am) • frankthirtyspears (Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:49 am)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Hey mate,

What's your current light setting? Your growing autos so I am guessing 18/6?

I had this problem a number of times growing auto flowers. Sometimes you get a non-auto or a semi auto flower plant. If your on 18hrs light, try dropping it to 16 and see if you can trigger it to flower. If that doesn't work, flip it to 14 and then eventually 12 if you get no luck on 14. This happened to me, I lowered it to 16 and got them to flower.

If your worried about the lowered light cycle affecting the flowering plants. Grow the two out to harvest and then change the lights. But as Captain said, try and get her to green up a little with some extra nitrogen before flower.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 am) • Guest (Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:17 am)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

frankthirtyspears

Thanks for the advices, i think i'm just gonna Stick with harvesing asap the flowering ones and give some N to the veg plant before switching It... Thanks again!
These users thanked the author frankthirtyspears for the post (total 2):
MommaB (Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:02 am) • Guest (Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:17 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Hope your chop goes well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 am) • Cave Hill Cole (Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Post by Guest »

I have come across this before, not myself but in the wonders of a rabbit hole or two :lol:

It's all in the genetics I would say. Some auto strains are XXL or super autos which lean to the photo plant side but still has auto tendancies. These XXL's can be good to deliver a larger outdoor crop for a full season outdoor grow. Especially is you're in a hot country or near the equator.

Maybe the one or two seeds had more of the photo genetics.

As previously said you could change the lighting, that could make a little difference. On the other hand there are people here that run autos on a 24hour cycle.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Cave Hill Cole (Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 am) • frankthirtyspears (Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:03 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

frankthirtyspears

DIY.Rik wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 am
I have come across this before, not myself but in the wonders of a rabbit hole or two :lol:

It's all in the genetics I would say. Some auto strains are XXL or super autos which lean to the photo plant side but still has auto tendancies. These XXL's can be good to deliver a larger outdoor crop for a full season outdoor grow. Especially is you're in a hot country or near the equator.

Maybe the one or two seeds had more of the photo genetics.

As previously said you could change the lighting, that could make a little difference. On the other hand there are people here that run autos on a 24hour cycle.
I changed the lightining to 12/12 from 18/6 after i harvested the other 2 girls, now i'm gonna let it hang out for a while and see what happens, thanks for the advice!

ILlegalyGrowing

Post by ILlegalyGrowing »

I’ve recently switched to autos myself. 10weeks seems like a long time in veg. Most likely have a photo growing . All of my autos flip on their own within 30-45 days regardless of the light cycle I run. 18/6 up to 24/0. Both give similar results but I have better quality control when the plants have a good rest period 18/6 . Interested if the big girl will flip with the change of light. Your autos on the other hand 🪓 time! They look a little on the amber side. But still beautiful plants!
These users thanked the author ILlegalyGrowing for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

frankthirtyspears wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 am
Thanks for the advices, i think i'm just gonna Stick with harvesing asap the flowering ones and give some N to the veg plant before switching It... Thanks again!
Just upping your base ferts should do trick, it`s just a bit underfed and base ferts have everything in your plant needs not just N and what with it being slightly underfed its prolly wanting more than just N even though only it`s N def showing its head atmo. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

frankthirtyspears

Hi guys, here's an update After a few weeks: I changed the pot since she was a bit rootbound, did a bit of lst and supercropping and now she seems much healtier and Is in mid flowering!
I also changed the 2x2 tent with a 4x4 and switched the light from a 150 W MarsHydro Ts 1000 to 400 W Ts 3000 and the results are definitely showing, but now i'm wondering if using both leds could lead to better results or if the light i'm providing Is enough...

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”