Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coronavirus

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JJ »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:10 am
KD wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:36 am
I'll believe the science and the numbers clearly show that shits not good
NO I haven't twisted anything mate, I can say the same to you for refering to information taken from NHS website , put on a picture as a meme. The symptoms are clearly the same in most cases and in many cases if you don't take care of flu if you're vulnurable it might get way worse than it should have been if you received the right medical help. Many people with seasonal flu can develop pneumonia. Same as what is happenign with people who have the SARS-CoV-2 . But that hardly been mentioned and made a fuss about it. Why they haven't tested people for seasonal flu every year to see what the numbers would be. Is that a pandemic every year? I am not sure to what "numbers clearly show that shits not good" are you refereing but if you're refering to the statistics of positive, dead, recovered...please prove to me them numbers are correct and the "science" behind it. How can someone that tested positive, had no simptoms, received no medical treatment be cured when he wasn't ill at the fisrt place? And the death numbers. Don't get me started on that because for the last year I have 2 family members which passed away from things nowhere near Covid and their death certificates state that they died from it. The other day on national TV the head person in charge of the pandemic said that another person with underlying health condition - skull fracture died from covid19...
I am twisting no words and have and maybe I have my own agende, same way as you have your agenda to scaring people off.

p.s I am out of here and won't be commenting much. There always be people on both sides of the fence.
my wife went for a nasal test,she was totaly symptomatic,,the test was for the sars,and flu 1&2=she was +sars and - on flu,,,i went in 1 week later NO symptoms only tested for sars-cov,no flu & was -----,,was totally with her before also????lucky

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I don`t know about lucky @JJ but for theirs shit loads of unlucky peeps around World cus of covid19.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:17 am
Here`s a thought, so more peeps their is around with covid 19 bigger chance of different variant's sprouting up and being around quicker, science could possibly struggle keeping up tweaking vaccines to cope with them as they do now like. But I'm not sure or not, but i wonder if possibly 1 of these new variants could eventually become lets say, humanity a full weight end of days type knight mare, lets say a new variant appears that has a 70 or 80% mortality rate and kills most who caught it. Anyhow could that happen or am i overthinking it all, feck knows tbh, my head lol says it could possibly be a ticking time bomb cus of that scenario, but im not a scientist, bad shit if that went down though for sure. I seem to remember a few years back in far east sars 1 was very lethal and a had a much higher mortality rate than this covid 19 has but it wasn`t as contagious as this sars 2.
Yes that is a theoretical possibility. The vaccine trains the immune system to break down the outer layer of the virus so the white blood cells and cytokenes can break down the virus inside. Whatever it does mutate into, the body can fight it much easier once it's been vaccinated because it already knows what to do instead of trying to figure it out for itself while under attack. Because of this, I doubt we will see an end of days scenario unless the virus mutates its outer layer which is unlikely but not impossible. It's actually nuts how a virus works, especially this one.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:25 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

JJ wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:29 am
my wife went for a nasal test,she was totaly symptomatic,,the test was for the sars,and flu 1&2=she was +sars and - on flu,,,i went in 1 week later NO symptoms only tested for sars-cov,no flu & was -----,,was totally with her before also????lucky
Possibly yes. My mate had it quite bad (fully recovered) and his misses didn't catch it even though she was sharing the same bed as him, looking after him and around him the whole time. It only takes 1 virus cell to infiltrate a cell in the body to start an infection but somehow not 1 virus was able to get in. Lucky? Possibly yeah, but it's not impossible to be around an infected person and not get infected.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

GMO wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 pm
Imma just leave this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing
"A mechanism involving arbitrium has recently been described in bacteriophages infecting several Bacillus species.[39][40] The viruses communicate with each other to ascertain their own density compared to potential hosts. They use this information to decide whether to enter a lytic or lysogenic life-cycle."

So is that why some people don't get infected when around infected people?
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
GMO (Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

KD wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:32 am
GMO wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 pm
Imma just leave this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing
"A mechanism involving arbitrium has recently been described in bacteriophages infecting several Bacillus species.[39][40] The viruses communicate with each other to ascertain their own density compared to potential hosts. They use this information to decide whether to enter a lytic or lysogenic life-cycle."

So is that why some people don't get infected when around infected people?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

more like critical concentration before infection imho

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Still alive 31 days after first jab of Astra Zeneca vaccine, zero side effects. Groovy or what, yes indeed. 8-) :rock: :clap: :oik!:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 5):
GMO (Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:37 pm) • Inactive account (Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 pm) • flip (Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:24 pm) • KD (Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:25 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

2-Scoops wrote:Still alive 31 days after first jab of Astra Zeneca vaccine, zero side effects. Groovy or what, yes indeed. 8-) :rock: :clap: :oik!:
Nice one jimmy glad your good
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:58 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:23 pm
Still alive 31 days after first jab of Astra Zeneca vaccine, zero side effects. Groovy or what, yes indeed. 8-) :rock: :clap: :oik!:
Did you feel the microchip go in?

These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
Inactive account (Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:44 pm) • GMO (Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:58 pm) • flip (Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:24 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”