Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cloning directly into soil: Should I remove the domes once they are acclimated?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
frozen
Has thanked: 0

Cloning directly into soil: Should I remove the domes once they are acclimated?

Post by frozen »

Hi all, novice here, tried to be somewhat descriptive in the topic but full scenario is like this:

Took cuts last Saturday. They wilted extremely quickly without a dome, so I kept dome on them, but removed it a few times per day to spray with super mild solution of water, stella maris (kelp), and aloe which they seemed to love. Fast forward and it's now Thursday, and they no longer appear to need the dome at all. I'm still spraying twice a day with the mixture I made and they are 100% full color, standing at full attention and look perfectly healthy.

My question is - do I leave the dome on them even though they seem to be climatized now?

Should I still be giving them that high humidity from the dome on the warming mat until day 14? (I heard it takes up to 2 weeks to root)

Lastly a related question - on which day would you officially move them into the 18/6 veg tent? They are just sitting on a heating pad near a windowsill so far

Thanks again !
These users thanked the author frozen for the post:
biosynthetic (Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Cloning directly into soil: Should I remove the domes once they are acclimated?

Post by 2-Scoops »

I think cloning this way has a great success rate and near as dam it nailed on. Its only way i clone plants these days. What i do is whip a clone off and bung it in straight into wet medium, with or without rooting hormone both ways work fine. So yes stick clone in your watered soil or whatever medium you use coco etc, then foliar clone with tap water and a few drops of fairy per litre mixture. Spray inside of your humidity dome with same mix and pop it over your clone, (i use 2 litre plastic pop bottles chopped in half as a humidity domes) But yes after that it really shouldn`t need touching again till its rooted through and your start feeding roots. Only time it may need a foliar spray again is if cutt looks like its wilting otherwise don`t touch it. They should be rooted through anything from 10days to 3 weeks. Ive had better success rooting them quicker without rooting hormone. Leave dome on until they are rooted through. I wouldn`t use a rooting matt if room temps are sound it can dry pots out too fast and soil may need wetting up again. Ive never used a heat matt if you do just make sure pots dont dry out too quick, but as said not called for if room temps are good.

When they are rooted through properly and you se growth starting pot them up bung them in tent and wang em on 18/6. I clone with 24/7 lighting no dark periods.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”