Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cannatrol Cannabis drying and curing cabinet - Science or Bullshido

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Cannatrol Cannabis drying and curing cabinet - Science or Bullshido

Post by seymore_budz »

Recently, these Cannatrol systems seem to be bubbling back up to the top of the advertising soup.

By the looks of it, these machines use a couple of proprietary sensors to maintain perfect RH for drying/curing cannabis. Their claim is that you can dry buds, perfectly in 8 days and with minimal terpene loss.

I've been drying and curing my flower in the same tent as I grow in as I have all the required control to keep the drying area within a certain RH. Once I reach the desired moisture, I put the flower in a few jars and burp for an additional few weeks. Finally, I seal up in a foil bag with a humidity pack and store in a chest freezer. The above method seems to work great, but I'm always looking to improve things.

I've also read about people using wine coolers and modifying them to dry herb and claiming good results. Personally, I'd be dubious of using a wine cooler as its not very controlled and I'm not sure if you could remove enough moisture without compromising temperature etc.

The other thing I've seen that looks similar are these camera storage units that maintain humidity to keep expensive electrical and other items safe. *I don't think the Cannatrol actively cools, but adjusts the drying based on the temperature within the unit. I might be wrong, but I couldn't see anything to suggest it does actively cool?

Just to clarify, these ain't freeze drying machines. Those are a completely different kettle of fish and can dry flower in 24 hours.

What do you guys think? Would you consider buying one for $1600?! Is it science or bullshido?

* Just checked and they're modified wine coolers. Seems as it does actively cool.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:40 am) • biosynthetic (Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:36 pm) • Herbalist (Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:24 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Greenthirteen

Re: Cannatrol Cannabis drying and curing cabinet - Science or Bullshido

Post by Greenthirteen »

Iv always wanted one and just recently me and the Mrs talked about it again. It ended up being too expensive and too small with no UK support. We made one with a dehu, AC and some controllers, all of the kit was already knocking around from old projects.

Like you say, not actually sure how it works and can’t find out but it does need to cool for my 1600 dollars.
These users thanked the author Greenthirteen for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:35 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Re: Cannatrol Cannabis drying and curing cabinet - Science or Bullshido

Post by Greenfingers »

if I had the spare room and money I'd have one, But I don't :lol: so I'll make do with a concrete slab and foil bags.

Cheers
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:30 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”